PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbocharged

TurboTechRacing
10-31-2016, 04:44 PM
Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mount Ford Fiesta ST 1.6L Turbocharged

https://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/catalog/FSEngine_1583_detail.jpg

Product Link:
https://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5530

TurboTechRacing
02-07-2017, 08:31 PM
More shipping out daily.

TurboTechRacing
06-29-2017, 12:28 PM
More in stock and shipping daily.

KonaFiST
07-15-2017, 10:16 PM
Durometer rating?With CP-E releasing their engine/transmission mounts but at a much higher price, these catch my eye but I would like as much info as possible. The site doesn't provide much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboTechRacing
07-15-2017, 10:30 PM
75 durameter, perfect balance of engine movement control and minimal added vibrations.

KonaFiST
07-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Thanks!

mercdank
07-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Pardon my ignorance but this is also known as the passenger side motor mount?

Mortont1
07-16-2017, 05:06 PM
It is merc. I just did both, good lord is that better.

KonaFiST
07-16-2017, 05:08 PM
It is merc. I just did both, good lord is that better.

I can't wait to afford these, I can not stand the movement I feel even with my Boomba torque mount.

KonaFiST
07-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Any warranty offered?

TurboTechRacing
07-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Pardon my ignorance but this is also known as the passenger side motor mount?

You are correct.

TurboTechRacing
07-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Any warranty offered?

Warranty on our mounts you mean/asking?

KonaFiST
07-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Warranty on our mounts you mean/asking?

Yes

TurboTechRacing
07-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Yes

1 year, but honestly if anything happened, we would work with you. Customer service is #1

KonaFiST
07-16-2017, 09:26 PM
1 year, but honestly if anything happened, we would work with you. Customer service is #1

Good to hear!

mercdank
07-16-2017, 11:30 PM
What are the cons to using a solid piece like this to replace what is essentially a moving part. The engine moves quite a bit and so I'm just worried this maybe will have negative consequences. I'm not concerned with NVH at all but I'm worried that the energy transfer will not be absorbed and lead to problems somewhere else.

ETA: I didn't initially notice that it indeed does have a bushing, so there is still some sort of movement/energy absorption going on.

TurboTechRacing
07-17-2017, 07:31 AM
What are the cons to using a solid piece like this to replace what is essentially a moving part. The engine moves quite a bit and so I'm just worried this maybe will have negative consequences. I'm not concerned with NVH at all but I'm worried that the energy transfer will not be absorbed and lead to problems somewhere else.

ETA: I didn't initially notice that it indeed does have a bushing, so there is still some sort of movement/energy absorption going on.

Your correct there is still a bushing.

mercdank
07-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Are there only three mounts for the engine? Rear, upper/passenger, and transmission?

TurboTechRacing
07-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Are there only three mounts for the engine? Rear, upper/passenger, and transmission?

Correct.

TurboTechRacing
08-30-2017, 01:43 PM
More in stock and ready to ship.

Plainrt
09-19-2017, 05:17 PM
75 durameter, perfect balance of engine movement control and minimal added vibrations.

I picked up one of these used from a member on here and it vibrates a ton imo. Did you make them all same durameter etc? I expected just a little vibration. Makes car sound like has loud leaking exhaust lol

TurboTechRacing
09-19-2017, 05:30 PM
I picked up one of these used from a member on here and it vibrates a ton imo. Did you make them all same durameter etc? I expected just a little vibration. Makes car sound like has loud leaking exhaust lol

Assuming you just have 1? That maybe a big reason why.

If you hold one side firm, and let the other side be soft/stock, the drivetrain will move on that side, and that movement now has to be stopped by the TTR side, causing vibrations. If you hold BOTH sides firm, it cannot get the movement, nor build up on the vibrations.

Mounts are best when you have both upper, supporting both sides. The lower rear also helps, and should also be used.

Plainrt
09-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Assuming you just have 1? That maybe a big reason why.

If you hold one side firm, and let the other side be soft/stock, the drivetrain will move on that side, and that movement now has to be stopped by the TTR side, causing vibrations. If you hold BOTH sides firm, it cannot get the movement, nor build up on the vibrations.

Mounts are best when you have both upper, supporting both sides. The lower rear also helps, and should also be used.

Thanks much and well said.Guess I just need to get the drivers side one.

Thanks again