PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fiesta ST Replacing Remote Battery

Admin
06-11-2013, 03:37 AM
How to replace the battery inside the remote transmitter. The key fob remote uses a 3V CR 2032 battery.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/gallery/data/503/fiesta-st-replacing-remote-battery.jpg

KentRatke
11-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks!

Zormecteon
11-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Been there.. done that. Try not to run them thru the wash.

KentRatke
11-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Lol, yeah that would suck. No, I just got a message on my Sync screen stating the battery was low.

SirusMX2
12-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Lol, yeah that would suck. No, I just got a message on my Sync screen stating the battery was low.

Just got the same message. Did a quick search and it brought me straight to this thread. Must be time for the 2014's to change their batteries!

I recommend extra caution on step 4. I broke one of the little buttons that you press and hold to release the back cover. [bawling]

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/Sirus_MX2/Ford%20Fiesta%20ST/Keys_zpssqvzxhkn.jpg

Siestarider
12-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Sirusmx2, your key fob makes mine look dowdy. How did you do that?

MegaBuster
01-31-2017, 12:09 AM
Thanks for this post. Was easy to find and just what I needed. My 1.5 year old ST is showing a low bat for the fob

DoucheBagGold
10-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Ok I’m pretty pissed right now.

My 1.5 year old car showed the low battery for key warning this morning in my way to work for the first time. By the time I got out of work it was dead. Which to me is a ridiculously short window to get a new battery. I guess I’ll be keeping one in the car.

Then my next real issue is now that I have replaced the battery it still doesn’t work.

Does it need to be resynched or something?

Zormecteon
10-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Should NOT need to be resynched... There is something else going on with your remote. Did you somehow soak it in water? How old was then "new" battery? .. I now know that if the fob is dead, you can place it against the steering column where the key WOULD go and the car should start. ...

I was having problems with one of my remotes after running it through the wash for the second time, and now keep a spare battery in the glove box along with an instrument screw driver for prying open the remote. (I have since obtained another remote, since the washed one will only keep a battery for 2 weeks). ...

DoucheBagGold
10-17-2017, 06:47 PM
No my fob has been no where near water, I even have a protective sleeve over my fobs.

The new battery is a few months old as they’re the same batteries my bicycle lights use. They’re Sony batteie s and expire in 2024 I have a sleeve of them and tried more than one.