PDA

View Full Version : MFT Hacking/modding

TuxedoST
02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if there are any hacks/mods out there for the MFT system? I'm curious if anyone has been able to get at the innards of the software....I'm guessing no :)

Thanks!

Harvick
02-04-2014, 04:58 PM
This is something I would like to know as well, been looking online and there isn't much discussions. Not sure if it's makes any difference but the Fiesta and Fiesta ST are the only model in Ford's lineup using the MFT 6.5 screens.

rodmoe
02-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I would love to be able to pop up some useful gauges or something of that sort if it ever happens :)

TuxedoST
02-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I would love to be able to pop up some useful gauges or something of that sort if it ever happens :)

This is exactly what i'm after. I know how to write flash, and c#......would be awesome if it could get cracked wide open to add some stuff!!!!!

rooSTer
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Tuxedo have you signed up on their developer program? https://developer.ford.com/

TuxedoST
02-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Nope, but I just did. This looks like it's about apps connected through the phone, not necessarily native apps to MFT. In any case, maybe something can happen with it, I need to do more research.

Ronbo
02-04-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd really like to have something useful (like oil temp/pressure, and/or boost) in that lower right quadrant of the MFT home screen. Just having the date sitting there is a terrible waste of space.

TuxedoST
02-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Would be nice wouldn't it? I'd want a full screen gauge set with the ones you just mentioned. I hate not having oil temp and boost.....

TuxedoST
02-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Looks like we'll have to wait for AppLink to make it to our MFT's :( [gunfire]

__V__
02-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Looks like we'll have to wait for AppLink to make it to our MFT's :( [gunfire]

I would expect applink to be on mft first not the other way around. I hope it comes this year.

rodmoe
02-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Good stuff thanks

Kaneda
02-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Torque on the MFT would be great. I've played around with it on my phone, It can basically display anything the computer records...

TuxedoST
02-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I would expect applink to be on mft first not the other way around. I hope it comes this year.

yeah, I would have thought the same! I'm not really sure what the hold up is. My guess is hey are developing software the Microsoft way. Two separate groups that don't talk to each other to make sure everything is interoperable. Sigh...

TuxedoST
02-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Torque on the MFT would be great. I've played around with it on my phone, It can basically display anything the computer records...

Agreed. I'm not sure all what ford exposes through their API yet. I'd imagine there's gotta be some useful stuff in there.

gojagz
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
They should just do a digital guage app similar to what is run on the GTR. That would be amazing.

NorthernProducer
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
If I was given a choice, I would have NOT ordered MFT on my FiST. My experience has not been a good one with that system on other Ford vehicles. Now if Ford allowed for us to select certain telemetry (like GM recently announced for the Corvette) with an emphasis on performance perimeters, then MFT would actually be worth a look.

rodmoe
02-06-2014, 12:55 PM
If I was given a choice, I would have NOT ordered MFT on my FiST. My experience has not been a good one with that system on other Ford vehicles. Now if Ford allowed for us to select certain telemetry (like GM recently announced for the Corvette) with an emphasis on performance perimeters, then MFT would actually be worth a look.

THIS guy has it goin on ...

TuxedoST
02-06-2014, 01:03 PM
So I did some more research today. So even if we had appLink you would still need a Bluetooth odb2 dongle and an app like torque. Then, the developer of torque could add in features that allow it to report to sync. Considering that would be largely useless, this is a senseless venture unless ford decides to give telemetry data to us and display it on MFT as NortherProducer suggests. Lame!!!!

EdwardFdz
02-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Is there any way we could install the Sirius App on our MFT FiST14? I miss it so much from my ex Focus SEL...

HTTP302
05-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Put me on the list of people wanting gauges and other data collection displayed on MFT.

XuperXero
05-06-2014, 01:27 AM
Put me on the list of people wanting gauges and other data collection displayed on MFT.

+1 But I'm on regular sync

scenicroadways
05-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Yes Ford please. Shouldn't be very hard to create some guages for us.

MrClean
07-10-2014, 04:50 PM

+1

I wish Cobb could get the AP to display its gauges and info via the MFT screen. That'd be a lot more useful than trying to find a place to stick the mounting post for the AP. :-/

Darmie
09-12-2014, 09:22 AM
There's got to be someone doing something with the mytouch.
Hell, I was doing this on 2001 on the SS camaro;

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L-RwlWq0pEc/TRoJ9ItnlvI/AAAAAAAAAcY/ta77F1MTE4k/s640/Photo_072605_003.jpg

JPGC
09-13-2014, 12:17 PM
There's got to be someone doing something with the mytouch.
Hell, I was doing this on 2001 on the SS camaro;

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L-RwlWq0pEc/TRoJ9ItnlvI/AAAAAAAAAcY/ta77F1MTE4k/s640/Photo_072605_003.jpg

WTF, THAT IS A BIG MONITOR FOR A CAR. Lol, looks like that would be easy to read while monitoring your data.

Darmie
09-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I was doing everything with that computer. Internet, tethered through a old Verizon flip phone music video mp3, obviously obd2 autotap, even had a TV card to watch television,DVD wireless keyboard oh and do not forget Navigation. I had it all integrated through the monsoon stereo system. Yellow Optima battery hidden in the trunk.

BinaryST
10-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Pretty sure the small group of MFT/Sync engineers & developers are full time working on phone support and bug fixes at the moment. Ford has yet to issue app validation keys for developers. Years ago a hand full of folks developed apps, made them work, and Ford did nothing with the effort.

Young L
10-17-2014, 03:15 PM
would be nice if my US spec ST sync would work here in Germany

aar0n
12-03-2014, 10:12 AM
http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/08/ford-launches-its-openxc-sdk-and-hardware-specs-to-let-developers-access-its-cars-sensors-and-metrics/

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else already but it looks like a start.

Also:
http://openxcplatform.com/

Harvick
12-03-2014, 10:19 AM
http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/08/ford-launches-its-openxc-sdk-and-hardware-specs-to-let-developers-access-its-cars-sensors-and-metrics/

Not sure if this was posted somewhere else already but it looks like a start.

Also:
http://openxcplatform.com/

Yeah it was posted before, but not much has progressed since last year.[V]

fiestastdaily
03-07-2015, 07:10 PM
This is exactly what i'm after. I know how to write flash, and c#......would be awesome if it could get cracked wide open to add some stuff!!!!!

there's a thread over on xda forums for hacking/modding MFT... or at least getting towards some sort of exploit, I'm really of no use, but if you are looking to help...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/hacking-myford-touch-getting-closer-t2938321/page3

fiestastdaily
04-15-2015, 11:05 AM
And apparently the whole GUI is flash based...

fire_n_ice
04-21-2015, 10:59 PM
So... I've been keeping an eye on the thread posted above, and apparently you can add factory nav to the MFT by getting an APIM from a nav equipped vehicle. There's a part number listed, but it's for the 8" MFT, which I'm sure won't fit our 6.5" units. Would anyone happen to know the part number for our cars? I couldn't find a definite one after about an hour of searching.

DirtyBlueshirt
05-05-2015, 10:19 AM
So... I've been keeping an eye on the thread posted above, and apparently you can add factory nav to the MFT by getting an APIM from a nav equipped vehicle. There's a part number listed, but it's for the 8" MFT, which I'm sure won't fit our 6.5" units. Would anyone happen to know the part number for our cars? I couldn't find a definite one after about an hour of searching.

Our screen size is different, but the resolution is the same. Can you define APIM?

BinaryST
10-30-2015, 09:06 AM
FYI-

The pin outs on the "Accessory Protocol Interface Module " are the same, but the screen is interpreted differently.....so please do not waste you time on trying another NAV MFT APIM with the Fiesta Screen.

I have done this among many other things. Results are the touch screen is inverted and flipped.

Yes, the APIM has 2GB of flash storage capability. The OS is Microsoft Automotive, similar to CE.

If there is enough interest, and value, I could reimage the non-nav APIM with a Nav image.

BinaryST
10-30-2015, 09:12 AM
So I did some more research today. So even if we had appLink you would still need a Bluetooth odb2 dongle and an app like torque. Then, the developer of torque could add in features that allow it to report to sync. Considering that would be largely useless, this is a senseless venture unless ford decides to give telemetry data to us and display it on MFT as NortherProducer suggests. Lame!!!!

Not true...The MFT is already connected to the canbus. Code would just need to be written to interpret what you want displayed. it is already monitoring vehicle system data....which is how the vehicle diagnostic report is sent to ford through your tethered phone's data connection.