Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your favorite tire brand?

What is your favorite Fiesta ST tire brand?

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Michelin

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • Kumho

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Falken

• Toyo

• Goodyear

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Nitto

• General

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Firestone

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Hankook

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sumitumo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Hoosier

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
The one who makes the best for my budget based on reviews and tests, not brand loyal, they all make good and not so good tires. However, living in Edmonton Alberta, I'll be searching for some winter rims and Michelin Alpin Pa3's

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have Dunlap StarSpec DZll's and I get beat buy BFG Rivals so this week my fave is BFG lol .

I have Dunlap StarSpec DZll's and I get beat buy BFG Rivals so this week my fave is BFG lol .
I can only hope Dunlop, or even BFG will makes those tires in sizes we can use! So far, on Tire Rack, nothing of value in our size. Though I think the AutoX Falken tires do.

Michelin Pilot Sports come in 205/40/17 for $128@. In my opinion, one of the best handling out there. Also the opinion of Tire Rack as well.

Michelin Pilot Sports come in 205/40/17 for $128@. In my opinion, one of the best handling out there. Also the opinion of Tire Rack as well.
Hmmm. Had them, or a variant of, on my past BMW Z3 Coupe. They were good, but wore out fast, and in the BMW's sizes (staggered fr/rr), cost a small fortune.

Had great past success in AutoX with the original Dunlop Z1 Star Specs, and at that time, they were cheap in 225/40/18 for my STi and later R32. Also worked perfect in the rain. So am sort of biased towards them from past experiences.

Had those Falken RT's at one time. They used to be the hot set to have, until the Advan Neova came out. Then found those Dunlops were every bit as good, or better - yet half the cost.

But if truly only $128ea, double hmmm.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im currently looking at tires to replace the ones that are coming with the ST to either 215/40/17 or 215/35/17 all season but theres not too many good options. I currently have kumho ecsta 4x tires on my TL for 10 months and they have been great but they are not available at tirerack in this size... bummer.

C. love

Ive used alot of tires in my day

BFG KDW
ADvan neova AD07 (8's are their replacement)
dunlop direzza star specs
nitto nt-05
Goodride sv308
Federal 555
Federal 555R (iirc thats their name)
Bridgestone re-01r
bridgestone 050a pole positions
hankook ventus v12 evo k11

and tons of other tires i cannot recall. Some listed above are discontinued now. My favorites were the star spec for the sheer abuse they can handle. I also like the goodrides for the fact they smoke like nuts, last a long time, and were cheap. I am running the Hankook v12 on my land yacht (mustang) right now and I like them alot for being a street tire and being on a fat car. I also like the NT-05's for cost and how they perform consistently under stress. The rest of these tires were used on my old drift car.

If looking for all seasons, I can't recommend the BFG G-Force SuperSports enough if you can find them in a size that works for you.. I had a set on my mustang and they were great in the dry (for an all season), even better in the wet, and pretty good in snow as well.. Despite being a pretty high treadwear tire, they wore pretty evenly and the shoulders didn't chunk away from autocrossing like other all seasons I had used..

Kumho 4x or cooper zeon rs3a from personal experiences as both have excellent wet/dry grip and 40k warranties.

Used to like Pirelli and Bridgestone, I loved the stock tire thread pattern on the srt-4s (pretty sure they were bfgoodrich) and if they still made them would already have a set of them on my FIST,it was just an awesome aggressive pattern I really liked. My last bought tires were kumhos my local tire guy sold me on saying they were just as good as the Pirelli's on my MS3 but a lot cheaper,and they held up really well,forgot model name/number though.coulda been the ecsta 4x

-ry

me32

1000 Post Club
I have only run the stock tires. That seem to hold well on a stock car. Not sure when you start to mod it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I like whatever brand meets my particular needs and sometimes that changes as a tire is no longer offered, updated, another brand makes a better tire for the purpose, price points, etc.....I have used and been very happy with many of the brands listed so I cannot really vote but nice to have a poll about it.