Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to Offer Complimentary ST Octane Academy Driving Experience for Ford Fiesta ST Owners

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member

• Ford to offer Fiesta ST and Focus ST owners exclusive complimentary driving instruction at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah
  • Classroom, karting and autocross courses will include precision driving instruction
  • Owners interested should visit www.stoctaneacademy.com for details

Above the sound of screeching tires and racing engines, the school bell is being rung for acolytes of Ford’s Fiesta ST and Focus ST high-performance small cars.

At the heart of this complimentary program provided by Ford and Ford Racing instructors at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, initial owners of 2013 and 2014 Focus ST and the 2014 Fiesta ST are being offered the chance to learn firsthand the capabilities of their cars – and themselves. The schedule will be announced later this summer.

“We gave the all-new Fiesta ST the highest possible fun-to-drive factor,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, global product development. “It’s fast, it handles brilliantly, but it won’t beat you up in daily driving. Add to that its affordability, and we think enthusiasts have reason to rejoice. It’s really that good.”

Ford’s ST Octane Academy provides Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners with a full immersion into the Ford ST experience, with driving instruction and extensive course time with professional instructors. The intent is to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the owners’ cars and to improve their driving skills – all while having fun.

The program is inspired by Octane Academy, the competition TV series founded by Ford and featuring motorsports superstars Ken Block, Brian Deegan, Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin Jr. On the show, amateur drivers compete for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to jump-start their racing careers. The four professional drivers put the competitors through a variety of driving and action sports challenges to determine the winner of Octane Academy.

Miller Motorsports Park will provide Focus ST and Fiesta ST cars – modified with full safety equipment – for participants’ use in all exercises. All participants will need to do is arrange travel to Salt Lake City to take advantage of the experience. An optional day of instruction will include Ford Mustang GT on the track and off-road driving in a Ford F-150 SVT Raptor.

Following afternoon arrival in Salt Lake City, drivers will visit the headquarters of Hoonigan Racing – Ken Block’s race shop in nearby Park City – for a tour of the facilities, a deep dive into ongoing projects, and dinner and a reception.

The next day at Miller Motorsports Park, owners will start with a dynamic classroom session with school instructors, and then spend the rest of the morning learning car control, cornering, braking and vehicle dynamic techniques. Lunch will be provided.

The afternoon session features more on-track driving including lead and follow exercises, instructor ride-alongs and hot laps with professional drivers. It also includes high-spirited precision driving exercises and challenges featuring a custom circuit. The day will end with participating owners receiving a special graduation pack from the team followed by the ST karting challenge.

While owners will be responsible for their travel and hotel costs, Ford will cover costs of the driving school in its entirety. The optional-day Mustang GT and Raptor events would be paid for by the participants. Options for owners to bring guests will also be available. All interested in learning more about this program should visit www.stoctaneacademy.com for complete details.

[video=youtube;Q194NkuKDXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q194NkuKDXw[/video]
[video=youtube;hlLXZslTtDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlLXZslTtDE#t=12[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Im signed up for more info but as yet I didn't have a VIN so ill reapply once I get my VIN :) soon I hope ....

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It's a 10 hour drive for me up to UT. Rod will you be flying in or driving down?

The initial reply...

Thank you for your interest in ST Octane Academy.
Please note: You did not sign-up for an actual class. You signed-up to receive more info on the ST Octane Academy. This info will most likely be available Autumn 2013.
At the heart of this complimentary program provided by Ford and Ford Racing instructors at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, initial owners of 2013 and 2014 Focus ST and the 2014 Fiesta ST are being offered the chance to learn firsthand the capabilities of their cars – and themselves. The schedule will be announced later this summer.
Ford’s ST Octane Academy provides Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners with a full immersion into the Ford ST experience, with driving instruction and extensive course time with professional instructors. The intent is to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the owners’ cars and to improve their driving skills – all while having fun.
The program is inspired by Octane Academy, the competition TV series founded by Ford and featuring motorsports superstars Ken Block, Brian Deegan, Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin Jr. On the show, amateur drivers compete for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to jump-start their racing careers. The four professional drivers put the competitors through a variety of driving and action sports challenges to determine the winner of Octane Academy.
Thanks for your interest and for registering to get more information. We'll contact you as program dates and options become available.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ok let us know when you get some dates.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup pretty much what my email said .. I hope they put snow tires on as it is getting onto fall already and still no dates. Late I looked Salt Lake City is in the mountains .. Lol

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You guys see that track? It's pretty sweet. I bet you can get some decent speed from the straightaway.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
lol yep, hey thats pretty good observation for an american. lol didnt think you would be able to find it on the map.[bootyshake]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The afternoon session features more on-track driving including lead and follow exercises, instructor ride-alongs and hot laps with professional drivers. It also includes high-spirited precision driving exercises and challenges featuring a custom circuit. The day will end with participating owners receiving a special graduation pack from the team followed by the ST karting challenge.
Not sure we will get the full track as the word "custom" circuit but I really won't mind it will still be a Hoot

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
ok thats enough, shut this thread down. no more talk of tracks and fun and racing,