Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

exhaust systems

b18 hnt

hi just bought the new fiesta st-2 does anyone know what the best exhaust system would be ?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Not much out there yet for performance exhausts. However we've been told by a specific US tuner that they plan to have a few performance parts coming late this year or early next year. This includes a tune for the Fiesta ST.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Is it any bigger than Stock with a 2.25dia on the pipe and rated at a touring sound hmmmmm sound clip for sure.. wonder what our exhaust weighs as this one lists 30 lbs ....

For the price I am seeing for an aftermarket exhaust, I think I will have my local exhaust shop/fabricator make me an exhaust. I don't need stainless and I'd like to get rid of the cat. For off road purposes only of course.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
This isn't all that bad heck when I had my FRS some of the places wanted over a grand for a cat back and then another grand for just the Header.. if you wanted a hiflo cat or cat delete it was more :) and the gains were not all that great ... So This isn't all bad just wish it was 2.5 not 2.25 for the money ..

I am old school and used to buying a full exhaust for the fox body Mustang. You could get a complete dual exhaust, including headers, for $600. Actually I am looking into a replacement exhaust for my '02 diesel, turbo back, and am getting prices under $300.

A 2.25" exhaust should work great. My '03 Cobra that was street tuned at 529rwhp only had a 2.5". That is about 265 per side. Also, it has been a few years since I checked, but the diesel truck land speed record holder only had a 4" single exhaust and is 4-5 times the size and makes 10 times the power. Keep in mind if you make the exhaust to large you gain a very small amount of hp but lose a lot of torque.