Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Europe Increases Fiesta ST Production to Meet Huge Demand

Ghiafan

My first post here, thought I would start it off with some very positive news from my side of the pond.

COLOGNE, Germany ? Ford Motor Company is increasing production of the critically-acclaimed new Fiesta ST hot hatch after receiving twice as many orders as expected in Europe in its first six months on sale.

Ford has received nearly 10,000 orders for the new Fiesta ST since it went on sale in March. To help meet demand, Ford is increasing production by 15 per cent to 60 vehicles per day at the company?s assembly plant in Cologne, Germany.

Demand for Ford?s new Fiesta ST has been driven by customers in the U.K., who have purchased 56 per cent of all models sold in Europe to date, followed by Germany and Switzerland, with these three markets accounting for more than 87 per cent of European sales.

The new Fiesta ST unique colours Molten Orange and Spirit Blue have been requested on 45 per cent of orders and 56 per cent of customers have opted for higher specification ST2 models.

The success of the new Fiesta ST follows on the heels of the Focus ST, which went on sale in summer 2012. Equipped with a 250 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine, the Focus ST was the best-selling hot hatch in Europe during the first six months of 2013, with 4,000 sales.

Source http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford Increases Fiesta ST Production to Meet Huge Demand.aspx

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great info and welcome to the forum.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Wonder how many orders Ford has gotten from the states.

10,000 orders divided by 60/day means they will be waiting a long time for their cars. Hope production in Mexico is higher or my ST will be a Christmas present complete with summer tires in Wisconsin snow. I do have some Blizzaks 185/60/15 waiting for it but would like to run the summer tires for a while before the snow hits.