Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

White Platinum ST from Portland OR

Greeting everyone! Picked up my '16 White Platinum ST with Ebony wheels last week. Owned an E90 M3 before, but after I test drove a FiST, I was hooked and had to swap.

I saw a white ST this weekend at Cars & Coffee with some Mountune badges, sweet ride!

I plan on doing the MP215 Mountune upgrade, FMIC, exhaust, and still trying to figure out what is next. Getting the windows tinted next week, but the thing already looks amazeballs.

Attachment-1.jpeg

welcome,i lived there in 2014,a good place for working on your car is cobb,or if you like the ride stratified in vancouver!

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
RMM and Quick Shift Kit. there's a facebook pdxst
How do you like the MP215? Trying to figure out what to do.. Was thinking about the COBB intake, but looks like Mountune MP215 comes with an upgraded intake. One thing I noticed about the Cobb and others that Mountunes doesn't address is Inlet pipe; looks like Cobb goes from the filter all the way to the turbo, thoughts?

Zormecteon

I love the mp215. I had the Induction Hose, the Intercooler, and the complete Boost hose kit installed at the same time along with the quick shift kit. It transformed an already stellar ride into something even better. I went with the 215 because the warranty is/was important to me. As I understand it the Cobb removes the boost limitation in 1st and 2nd gears, where the mountune tune does not. I believe the reason for the limit from the factory is to limit both torque steer and excessive strain on the drive train. Since I plan to keep the car .. well let's say this is my LAST car (being retired) I need to make it last. For many on the list it's the "flavor of the month" and when something else comes along, they'll move on. That's fine too.

The change that's most cost effective in terms of sheer driving pleasure is the the Quick Shift. It's something to appreciate EVERY time you drive, EVERY time you shift. We're not constantly on the boost, We're not always cornering, but other than freeway cruising, we're always shifting. The RMM stopped the "scrabbling" that I was getting when I hit it in 1st and 2nd gear. Now it's rock steady acceleration, a minor annoyance cured.

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
I love the mp215. I had the Induction Hose, the Intercooler, and the complete Boost hose kit installed at the same time along with the quick shift kit. It transformed an already stellar ride into something even better. I went with the 215 because the warranty is/was important to me. As I understand it the Cobb removes the boost limitation in 1st and 2nd gears, where the mountune tune does not. I believe the reason for the limit from the factory is to limit both torque steer and excessive strain on the drive train. Since I plan to keep the car .. well let's say this is my LAST car (being retired) I need to make it last. For many on the list it's the "flavor of the month" and when something else comes along, they'll move on. That's fine too.

The change that's most cost effective in terms of sheer driving pleasure is the the Quick Shift. It's something to appreciate EVERY time you drive, EVERY time you shift. We're not constantly on the boost, We're not always cornering, but other than freeway cruising, we're always shifting. The RMM stopped the "scrabbling" that I was getting when I hit it in 1st and 2nd gear. Now it's rock steady acceleration, a minor annoyance cured.
Thank you for your input! I am on the same page with the warranty, hence why I am leaning toward MP215. I've read that as long as you get an ASE mechanic to install, ford will approve; was it that easy for you? I am still in the break-in period for the car, so once I get more than a few thousand miles on it, I'll probably end up doing the MP215. In the meantime, other than the RMM and the quick-shift kit, any other mods you would consider? I do like hearing the turbo, so anything to enhance that would be nice; which is why I was considering exhaust and intake.

Since I plan on taking this to the track, I bet i'll end up getting the Mountune track pads and steel braided brake lines.

Zormecteon

At the time I had it done, it was NOT easy. I had the kit in my possession for a couple of months while we all waited for the CARB (california air resource board) to give it approval, as FORD would not give the warranty until it had been approved. Once that approval number came in though... well I had it done by Aldridge Motorsports there in Portland. They were fantastic as they have a good working relationship with the FORD RACING group. I later took it back there to have the springs done too. They have recently moved and I don't know if they're taking in customers again yet, as I called them a couple of weeks ago about putting in the front tower brace and was told they have finished moving, but not yet taking reservations for work. Speaking of the springs, If you have the $$$$ DO IT. The car is smoother in everyday driving, but stiffer when you want it to hold the road--the best of both worlds. It lowers the car just a bit, not enough to look slammed, but easier to wash, with a perfect stance. I have the mountune rs-r pads in a box along with the stainless hoses, just waiting for when I need to replace the originals.

As far as hearing the turbo... That's a personal choice thing. I heard a "boomba FoST the other day and it sounded great, but drew attention. I picked Silver to blend in with traffic and be more or less stealth. If I'm out hooning, I want to be able to disappear in the distance, not be able to be tracked, and prefer quiet mode for the same reason(s) so, for me, no loud exhaust or blow off noises. (I'm over 60 and have outgrown that. Even my Sprite (whose license plate should be ---BRAAAAP---) now has a nice quiet, no attention sound. Hey, if you do the blow off valve that could be a nice plate for you!? or may PFFFFT.

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
Glad you mentioned springs, I was looking at the stance and wheel gap and wanted to bring it down. I read a few different posts about lowering springs making the car more harsh and changing the grip of turn in.. Did you get the Mountune Springs?

I don't want a BOV, just like hearing the spooling internally, couldn't care less about what people hear outside. Thinking the intake would provide a lot of that noise!

Zormecteon

prius-no.jpg

I don't use spacers. This is as good a shot as I have from directly behind or in front. The tires (stock size) never rub.