Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeaky Drivers Side Recaro

So I have noticed my drivers side Recaro likes to squeak. It normally happens in the morning, but I'm in SoCal, so a cool morning is something like 70?f. I have the seats pretty much all the way down and all the way back as I'm a big guy at 6'4". I noticed I can usually fix the problem temporary by lifting the seat up a little then dropping it back down. What I'm thinking the problem might be: the left side of the drivers seat will get raised slightly more than the right and then it will squeak until I correct it by raising and lowering the seat.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix? I was thinking I'd go through and tighten everything on the seat base, or perhaps it needs to be re-greased. I bought the car after it had been sitting on the lot for a while so I know there will be a few issues from no use, but if this is something I can fix myself I'd rather not take it in. Anyone have any thoughts?

I had this same problem for a couple hundred miles. Then the problem went away for no apparent reason. Give it time.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #3
I had this same problem for a couple hundred miles. Then the problem went away for no apparent reason. Give it time.
Its really not that bad, but if it just went away for you then I can deal with it for a while I suppose.