Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

9K miles since September '13

Hi everyone! Got my FiST after testing Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, Focus ST, Nissan 370Z, and Subaru WRX STI Hatch. By far, my favorite handling car out of the bunch. (The 'Z was particularly disappointing.) Also, I love the impossible size of the thing; it's crazy small, but really decent interior! Never had a Ford before. Wow, a LOT of vehicle for the $$$. The dealer manager, a friend, told me that the owners were very unhappy to see an orange Fiesta with orange Recaro seats on the vehicle lot. Figured it wouldn't sell. It was on the lot for a week.[wink] I've only seen one other FiST around town; Oxford White.

Upgrades listed below; I've taken it to a few DE days at the track, so they were hugely helpful. Working on my heel/toe shifting, and I need a brake upgrade and an oil cooler. Be careful running high RPMs for a long stretch; my oil got up to 260F.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and glad to have you .. What was the outside temp when your Oil temps were high ??
Thanks Oh also what tracks did you run at?

Perry

Welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Fiesta ST!

In addition to outside temps, could you tell us your definitions of "high RPMs" and "long time"? Thanks.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome to community Bontempfeline[welcome]

OP
Bontempfeline
Thread Starter #5
Thanks! Also, I see my mods aren't listed below...Mountune Short Shift, Cobb Stage 1 Tuner.

On track at NOLA Motorsports, with Porsche Club of Am. In the beginner class, three total track days so far. Fantastic facility that hosts some big events: www.nolamotor.com/nola-track-day/

So, outside temps were in the 70s and sunny. RPMs got to the redline, probably averaged around 4000 - 4500. 20 - 25 mins of track time each run. 4 to 5 runs each day.

The first two days, FiST was all stock. Hit the rev limiter several times those days. With the tune, I didn't hit the rev limiter, even on the straight. Which I might add, is the only time the Porsche guys caught up with me. My little Fiesta has everything they've got for the curves, esp. with the pull I get in 2nd with the Cobb tune. An instructor actually came to tell me that his student was very unhappy that I passed him, as I was a woman in an orange Fiesta covered with cat stickers, flying past his Cayman. In fairness, it was the guy's very first time on the track. [raceflag]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Welcome! Glad your enjoying the car. I don't know that I could have passed up an STi for the FiST, but I do love this car haha

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks and Glad you had fun.. 70's I got a few months up here before we get that warm LOL

Welcome! Glad you like the car. Its always great to hear people with very expensive cars make comments about the FiST. I had a buddy with a Z06 take mine for a spin Saturday and he said he couldnt stop smiling.... it makes me feel awesome.

Ford Community Posts