Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Accesstuner/Accessport Updates - VE Tuning, New Tables/Monitors, Map updates!!

Here at COBB we are constantly looking for ways to improve our product and in turn help you guys make more power and improve the way your cars drive. Earlier this week we pushed out an update to Accesstuner and Accessport firmware that includes some exciting updates as well as a couple of minor maintenance items.

Volumetric Efficiency (VE) Tuning
As Focus ST and Fiesta ST tuning exceed typical bolt-on hardware into aftermarket turbos and camshafts, the factory VE calibration becomes inaccurate. The mysteries of VE tuning and how to interpret the vast amounts of "Speed Density" tables have been simplified in the March release. New data monitors have been added to help tuners review the system changes and perfect their tunes. Additionally, the COBB Ford engineers have developed a VE worksheet (here) to guide users through the refinement process.

Related Monitors:
Estimated VE (Model)
Estimated VE (Model) Corrected
Estimated VE (Actual)
Estimated VE (Actual) Corrected
Estimated VE (Actual BT)
Estimated VE (Actual BT) Corrected
HDFX Weight Table 01 - Table 15
HDFX Weight Table OP
VE Correction Ratio​

Advanced Wastegate Control for Fiesta ST
Additional discovery work shows the vast complexity of boost control through an advanced wastegate PID Controller. A comprehensive table and monitor list update allows tuners to fine tune the entire wastegate control system.

Related Tables:
PID D-Term (Max)
PID D-Term Freeze (Max)
PID D-Term Gain
PID I-Term Gain
PID I-Term Gain Comp.
PID P-Term Gain (Coarse)
PID P-Term Gain (Fine)
PID P-Term Gain (Coarse) Comp.
PID P-Term Gain (Fine) Comp.​

Related Monitors:
WGDC P-Term
WGDC I-Term
WGDC D-Term
WGDC P-Term Gain (Coarse)
WGDC P-Term Gain (Fine)
WGDC I-Term Gain
WGDC D-Term Gain
WGDC PID Combined
WGDC D-Term Freeze Status​

OTS Map Updates
v101 Fiesta ST maps updates:
Estimated VE and Advanced Wastegate Control Monitors.
Improved Launch Control Logic.
Increased torque limits to prevent rare limp mode conditions.
Optimized power demand fuel settings for better overall efficiency.
Optimized ignition timing strategy for more consistent results.
Adjusted wastegate tables to prevent rare cases of overboosting.

v202 Focus ST map updates:
Estimated VE Monitors
Stage1 87 Octane map support
Aftermarket Bypass Valve Support

Focus ST1 - Clock / Date Fix
Fixed bugs associated with Reset ECU to address ST1 clock and date setting issues. Any user encountering the clock / date settings bug can simply run "Reset ECU" from the Accessport to reset the control panel.

Additional Table and Monitor Updates
More useful tables and monitors!

Added Tables:
Lowside FP Duty Cycle (Min)
Lowside FP Duty Cycle (Max)
Lowside FP Voltage (Min)
Lowside FP Voltage (Feed Foward)
LSPI Load Limit Blend Modifier (OAR)
LSPI Load Limit Blend Modifier (PI)
Knock Advance Amount (Fast)
Knock Advance Amount (Normal)
Knock Advance Rate (Fast)
Knock Advance Rate (Normal)
Knock Rate Change (Max)
VCT Exhaust Retard Limit
VCT Exhaust Retard Max. (Oil Temp)
VCT Exhaust Retard Max. (Warmup)
VCT Intake Advance Limit
VCT Intake Advance Max. (Oil Temp)
VCT Intake Advance Max (Warmup)​

Added Monitors:
Ignition Timing Corr. Max
Knock Count Cyl1 - Cyl4
Knock PI Detection Rate
Lowside FP Input Voltage​

Do you have an idea or a suggestion that could make more power or enhance the driving experience? Chances are we can make it happen! Submit your ideas and suggestions to support@cobbtuning.com and we'll do our best to incorporate them in future updates.

Cheers,

The COBB Ford Expert Group

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
WOW WELCOME and Great First Post hope to see more of this :)
Thanks

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Good to see Cobb on here and welcome.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Sweet! Great to see you guys posting here...welcome[twothumb]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard gents, great to have you a part of the community.[welcome]

So I see "Improved launch control logic" listed as an update for the Fiesta ST v101 map. How is launch control used?

OP
C
Thread Starter #11

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wondering the same.

-ry
So I see "Improved launch control logic" listed as an update for the Fiesta ST v101 map. How is launch control used?
With Regard to the how and when to use it This launch Control is MIND Numbingly SIMPLE to set up I was WAY over thinking it (I was looking for how to turn it on and off in the car like a secret button sequence to push.) And IT is So Simple you set it up in the ATR and save your map then load your map to your AP and load it to the car.. Now a simple disclaimer in the ATR you can mess with things that might not work so good for your cars engine so USE CAUTION if you are unsure. Its not Black magic but it is a lot of parrameters you can adjust that your car needs to run and run with a degree of saftey.. Just a word of warning to any tuning noobs or rookie's like myself..
NOt IF you have the ATP you will find LC under "Limiter Table" then "Rev Limit" then "Launch Control" It allows you to adjust the Engine RPM and Vehicle Speed at which time it releases the LC to Full throttle operation.. I think mine was set around 6600 and 5 mph as shipped in the ATR I played with the Rev limit and brought it down just to test it... All you do is load that tune you saved with LC to your car then start your car and with in neutral (clutch in or out at this point) IN gear clutch in of course. Press down on the gas pedal till you near your preset rpm you selected in the ATR and the motor goes LC "RALLYCAR" (for the test i set 3500 rpm and it just sat there foot to the floor bouncing off 3500 rpm .. cool as beans)... So fricken EASY I could do it ... Thanks to all that held my hand and pushed me in the right direction .... :)

With Regard to the how and when to use it This launch Control is MIND Numbingly SIMPLE to set up I was WAY over thinking it (I was looking for how to turn it on and off in the car like a secret button sequence to push.) And IT is So Simple you set it up in the ATR and save your map then load your map to your AP and load it to the car.. Now a simple disclaimer in the ATR you can mess with things that might not work so good for your cars engine so USE CAUTION if you are unsure. Its not Black magic but it is a lot of parrameters you can adjust that your car needs to run and run with a degree of saftey.. Just a word of warning to any tuning noobs or rookie's like myself..
NOt IF you have the ATP you will find LC under "Limiter Table" then "Rev Limit" then "Launch Control" It allows you to adjust the Engine RPM and Vehicle Speed at which time it releases the LC to Full throttle operation.. I think mine was set around 6600 and 5 mph as shipped in the ATR I played with the Rev limit and brought it down just to test it... All you do is load that tune you saved with LC to your car then start your car and with in neutral (clutch in or out at this point) IN gear clutch in of course. Press down on the gas pedal till you near your preset rpm you selected in the ATR and the motor goes LC "RALLYCAR" (for the test i set 3500 rpm and it just sat there foot to the floor bouncing off 3500 rpm .. cool as beans)... So fricken EASY I could do it ... Thanks to all that held my hand and pushed me in the right direction .... :)

Kinda of no bummer that we have to pay an additional $150 to get launch control,bc I really don't know what I'm doing when it come to making a new map for myself,so at that point I would only be buying it for the LC. Doesn't the Focus get this for free as well as flat foot shifting,I don't understand why we can't,not fair [bawling]

Quick question for ya rod, you said yours was set a 5 mph? What is the mph setting for? Did you leave it at 5mph. I think 3500 rpm is a good LC takeoff point or maybe 4000 tops,more than that and I think would be to much,where have you found is the best LC RPM setting,for future reference. Thanks

-ry

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The mph is so when you reach that speed LC turns off and you get full throttle then . We may get it in time or folks like 2J-racing may do email tunes ( just guessing here) and they may be able to set it up that way. Looking at other models of AP's like scooby cars they pay 650 for the AP so it's all about the same..