Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB ATR and Tune Ideas/Sharing

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Anyone know of a hot tip or a great Idea the might want to share with Other COBB ATR owners.

Or if you want to ask a How to question this is the place to do it ..

Now in order to swap tunes with Other's you MUST have a COBB AP and the ATR software or it will not work...

ALSO WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY BAD TUNES OR MAPS You use it YOU ARE Responsable for what ever may come your way..

This Is NOT associated with COBB in anyway this is a friendly little thread of how to and what worked for you..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
So first one if you have the COBB ATR you can load Launch Control into your own tunes..
All you need to do is load in a tune/map in the ATR and set the Launch Control parameters (Engine RPM and Vehicle Speed) It is Under. Limiter Tables/Rev Limits/Launch Control..
Once you are happy with the settings save the Tune/Map (I used a different name during the Save Process so I know What I have in this Tune/Map)
Load it to your AP then Load it into your Car and to make it work you do only need to press tha gas pedal to see if it works then when you let out the clutch and the Vehicle reaches the set KPH. It releases the Car to allow full Throttle again.
Kinda nice now switches or button sequence to activate it it is just there waiting to be used..

again use ATR at your own RISK FiestaSTForum take NO responsablity for what may happen once you open up a MAP /..

So basically LC is always on? So if your starting from a complete stop anywhere it will work? I.E. every stop light, push clutch in go from N to 1st (let's just say you were in N) give gas and come off clutch just like regular take off except car won't move until it reaches it's set RPM then redline once mph is set? Orrrrr it only works if you keep clutch in and wot until it reaches your set rpm,sorry I'm a little confused. I'm thinking the ladder.

-ry

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Yes you don't even need to be IN gear it will limit the rev's

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey guys.

I'm really curious about what we can do with AccessTuner RACE programming; here at ModBargains we had an AWD Dyno delivered last month and will be setting it up in the next few weeks, so dyno tuning is more of a possibility.
Doesn't Cobb host "Tuning How To" clinics?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Hey guys.

I'm really curious about what we can do with AccessTuner RACE programming; here at ModBargains we had an AWD Dyno delivered last month and will be setting it up in the next few weeks, so dyno tuning is more of a possibility.
Doesn't Cobb host "Tuning How To" clinics?
Well that is a nice little perk of the job good for You :) And I think if you mean Race as in the tuner software that costs more like 2k rather than $150.00 then YES I think they have "webinars" like Joe From 2J-racing was talking about this past week.. Then you can provide or sell your tunes I think.. Nice either way looking forward to more info as you learn the tune trade ;)

Tim @ Cobb is very helpful in getting setup. Just note the Ford ECU is probably the most complex I've ever encountered. Incredible amount of data that has layers of dependencies, multiple limits and cross referencing.

I'm in. Have ATR, but am a bit intimidated by it. I have set up launch control, which will help save the clutch from my heavy right foot take offs... that alone makes it worth the $150. [cool]

Tim @ Cobb is very helpful in getting setup. Just note the Ford ECU is probably the most complex I've ever encountered. Incredible amount of data that has layers of dependencies, multiple limits and cross referencing.
Hearing this just scares me away from screwing with it,that's just me. One day
Maybe I'll grab it for LC,still feel it should have came already with the AP. On well

-ry

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I want ATR just for the LC and to disable the rear O2 ready [giggle] I am pretty scared to touch anything else, its way over my head!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
If you are running a cat-less DP, it disable the input from the rear O2, meaning no CEL on the dash
When you say your disabling it, your just turning the code off in ATR right? There is some mixed reviews about defoulers and disabling the o2 all together.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
If you know the code there is a page/table you can uncheck the CEL code so I assume it stops the dash light from showing up.. Now if only we could do this with tpms .. Lol

If you know the code there is a page/table you can uncheck the CEL code so I assume it stops the dash light from showing up.. Now if only we could do this with tpms .. Lol
Yea so basically if you get new wheels,tpms is gonna stay on? Doesn't tirerack offer it or something so this doesn't happen?

-ry

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Yup pretty much unless you buy the air stems with the tpms sensors on and reprogram the car to the new valve stems which isn't hard just a extra step I don't want to do right now. Once it throws me the code I'll see if it's in the ATR..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
It's a weird thing if you drive less than 20 minutes and shut off car no light and if you park near your stock wheels it resets to the 20 minute deal again