Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST vs DC2 Integra Type R

I thought log and hard about possibly trying to locate a very unmolested Civic Type R before I ordered my ST. I have always wanted a white one and its still on my list of cars to own. I was actually wondering how these two would do head to head and stock for stock against each other on a track. I consider these to be 2 of the best fwd handling cars out there and their stats are similar. I feel that the Fiesta has more potential for less $$$ thanks to the turbo already being there but I was really just concerned about both in their stock form. I can't say I am bias towards either vehicle. As a fun little test I broke out Forza 5 and did timed laps on the top gear test track. Neither was too fun in stock form on the game so I upgraded each to class C 500 level. Each was upgraded with stickier tires, better brakes, better suspension, and some engine and trans upgrades. The Integra posted a best lap of 1:26.9 and the Fiesta 1:25.1. The Fiesta handled the tight turns better with endless grip but the Type R seemed more fun and faster in the straights. It may have been my imagination and I do realize its just a video game.

How do you guys think these would do against each other bone stock on each?

Integra Type S Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mmmmm ITR love .... Only thing it has we don't in the "R" type is LSD and we beat it in low end GRUNT aka Torque which in the "Stock" form is limited in the first two gears.. So it would be a fun race to watch ... all in all I think the FiST the better car as a Untouched Type R is like finding a unicorn if you do find one its far away or very spendy... Still very nice Car ...

My best friend from college has an ITR, stock, 20k miles, only uses it for autox and car shows. He bought the 99 type R and I bought the 99 Civic Si and we used to tear up back woods PA autocrosses together, ah those were the days. I sold my Si and the day after someone broke into my garage to steal it, sorely dissapointed. He's had 5 different attempts of people stealing the Type R. He has it well protected because he knows he's got a unicorn there. He's in CT now, in an undisclosed location, lol.

TheStig

My co-worker has a yellow ITR he is slowly building with all spoon/mugen parts. Just put spoon big brakes on it and a spoon exhaust. It has less than 40k miles and is mint condition. He rarely drives it, sometimes to a meet every now and then.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The type R was/is by far the most stolen honda ever. Maybe even the most stolen car period. Insurance on it has got to be "bat-shit crazy".

airjor13

2000 Post Club
IT-R has almost mythical status, the way those things are made....blows my mind the attention to detail

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Oh thats right don't they have hand built engines or something?
Motor is hand-built, all intake surfaces are hand ported, the chassis is spot reinforced by adding materials to certain areas, man when Honda wants to do something right, they do it RIGHT!

I know the video below is Honda Motorcycle (HRC), but the RC30 is pretty much the 2 wheel equal to the IT-R in terms of desirability, build quality and price (now easily over $40K in any condition)

I just love the attention to detail, the nerdness of the mechanical harmony, fap fap fap

[video=youtube;iO9YVYg4FyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9YVYg4FyU[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ya I remember the RC 30's when they were new and they were kinda spendy then but then i was running a kz650 or GSL750 so I wasn't in the class...

OP
G
Thread Starter #12
I wish we could get a head to head comparison between the 2 cars. The Type R has held quite a bit of value over time for a nice one. How do you think the ST will fare as far as holding value. I think it will actually do better than the Focus ST. In my area I only see maybe 1 or 2 FiSTs rolling around where as the FoSTs I see everywhere. I think the FiST will be a sought after niche vehicle in years to come. Everyone loves small, fast, and rare cars.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Try to buy a omni GLH-S. Then tell me if you think its possible for the fiesta ST to have amazing resale. Lol

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
My dad had a blue Omni GLH non-turbo. He only used it for autocross. I remember one time they were using this old go-kart track by Starved Rock in Illinois and he beat a 911 with it. The owner of the 911 walked over with an SCCA official and tried saying that the GLH was boosted and for my father to lift the hood. All I heard was "Oh" and everyone walked away. Those were awesome cars.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I had a friend with a GLH-T that was gutted. It was awesome ( despite a lot of turbo lag ). It ran door to door with my srt4 on the street when mine was stock. The glht was mostly stock too though.
I have another slightly insane friend that bought a GLH-S ( he owns two now ) for $12k. It runs 12.2@117mph on the tires it drives around on , and has fully perfect interior. Its basicly a show car that hauls ass.

OP
G
Thread Starter #16
I love the 80s and early 90s dodge turbos. Its better than what they are putting out today with their land barges.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I so want a 93' daytona iroc !! Dohc turbo with the rare and strongest tranny !! Bet they go for $10k now. Or even a lesser desired 92 spirit R/T.

OP
G
Thread Starter #18
Now that I am thinking back my dad also had a Black on Black Daytona Turbo. I loved riding in that thing.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Only the 93" ( one year ) iroc-Z had the dohc motor ( same short block ). Almost all the other 2.2/2.5L turbo dodges had a sohc with a non-cross flow cylinder. The dohc made it a whole different motor. Shame they are so rare that you almost can't get parts for the dohc motors at all.

Anyway... Yea. ITR is bad ass. I loved my crx Si too. First car to show me that "slow" and "fun" could go in the same sentence.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I thought log and hard about possibly trying to locate a very unmolested Type R before I ordered my ST. I have always wanted a white one and its still on my list of cars to own. I was actually wondering how these two would do head to head and stock for stock against each other on a track. I consider these to be 2 of the best fwd handling cars out there and their stats are similar. I feel that the Fiesta has more potential for less $$$ thanks to the turbo already being there but I was really just concerned about both in their stock form. I can't say I am bias towards either vehicle. As a fun little test I broke out Forza 5 and did timed laps on the top gear test track. Neither was too fun in stock form on the game so I upgraded each to class C 500 level. Each was upgraded with stickier tires, better brakes, better suspension, and some engine and trans upgrades. The Integra posted a best lap of 1:26.9 and the Fiesta 1:25.1. The Fiesta handled the tight turns better with endless grip but the Type R seemed more fun and faster in the straights. It may have been my imagination and I do realize its just a video game.

How do you guys think these would do against each other bone stock on each?
Let me tell you why you should get a Fiesta over a DC2 Integra.

You can count on probably owning your Fiesta ST for years to come. If you buy a DC2 Integra type R, I hope you have a locked garage and the world's best alarm system - every single person I know who has owned an Integra has had it broken into or stolen at least once. They are notoriously easy to steal. It's also a 10+ year old car. Considering what you're going to spend, it makes no sense to go ITR.

Moral of the story: if you get an integra, expect to have it stolen. seriously. not even hating, that's just the reality.