Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Window Sticker Problem

So I am able to put my VIN in the handy-dandy window sticker retriever tool, but it pulls up the sticker for a Black ST with painted wheels. That's great, but I ordered a White ST with Recaros and Painted Wheels. The sticker just barely became available tonight. Anyone know what's up with this?

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #4
Copying and pasting what Meagan @ FordService and my dealer gave me. So I dunno [dunno]

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #6
Yeah,, sent him an email already, hopefully find out what's up in the morning.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Care to share that wrong Vin ?? or post a linky to window sticker ??

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #8
Of course rodmoe, this is the vin i was given: 3FADP4GXXFM105020
Now, that XX in the 8th and 9th position (particularly the 9th) is where i think the problem lies. But I can't be sure, every other window sticker for FiSTs i have seen has a number there. When you pull up the sticker, it says "Vehicle Not For Sale" with a water mark and epa info. is not required.

another thing: build date does not show up in etis

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Car is going to Ut so we got that right but the rest is weird as for not for sale and all the rest it wrong.. Wonder if this one is going to Miller park as a demo and they gave you the wrong VIN.. Sorry I am not much use here ..

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #10
Yeah, that could be the case. Dealer said he should have the DORA soon and that the car I ordered (white, recaros, wheels) is the one being built. So I will keep you updated. Don't think my brain could handle waiting much longer if i had to reorder or anything crazy.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yeah, that could be the case. Dealer said he should have the DORA soon and that the car I ordered (white, recaros, wheels) is the one being built. So I will keep you updated. Don't think my brain could handle waiting much longer if i had to reorder or anything crazy.
ya that would be hard to deal with...

I had the same XX in my VIN ... But the description was ok. Maybe the ''unit not to be offered for sale'' is because you are one of the first 2015 to be produced? Like if your car would be produced at the same time as the demos...

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #14
So you guys threw my XX theory out the window. Hahaha! Dealer said that he has the info. in the Ford ordering system, and the car i ordered is the one being built, so i have no idea. Once he sends the DORA, I will feel better about it though. Sounds like that vin is for a demo though, like Fortz suggested.

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #16
Well, the VIN I was given still shows the wrong ST but the watermark "Vehicle Not For Sale" was removed and EPA info. Was added. Also, at the top it now says 4-Rebill. My dealer said the window sticker tool is not accurate and the system will update this weekend and should show my car. Not really sure what happened if anything. I wonder what Rebill actually means? Going to pm Meagan@FordService to see what she knows about it and talk to salesman tomorrow.

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #17
So apparently my salesman had looked at the wrong order number and we were therefore looking at the wrong VIN. I have a new order number and vin now and he says its in production and he will send the DORA when its done. Hopefully it's A OK. [unbelieveable]

OP
SaltFiST
Thread Starter #19
The nervous twitching has subsided for now Fortz. Now the anticipation is coursing me veins. [unsurelaugh]