Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Track Video - Road Atlanta, 2nd place / Time Attack

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

This past weekend we showed up to hot Road Atlanta with our proto 2JR radiator and 2JR FMIC for some time attack racing. With 8 in class, we took down all the FR-S/BRZs, all the BMWs and Acuras - except for one highly suspect full race miata in TTD. At any rate, we bested our last time by a huge margin helped by the cooler water and intake charge temps. Ambient was over 92 with track temps exceeding 115deg.

The Fiesta runs every part we sell to you guys. Nothing special or modified and it ran flawless. Very neutral chassis balance, no understeer - very fast in the tight corners. I could point her in any direction and it would just hold. On the dyno we nearly broke 300wtq with the FMIC and tuning changes.

The chase with the Mustang 5.0 starts at the 5min mark.

lean.jpg

[video=youtube;Y1-6eGwhcO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1-6eGwhcO4[/video]

First place winner

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
DAMN FINE!

You obviously know how to use the driving line and very smooth inputs, great job keeping up with that Stang then getting by:)

I do have to remind myself this is a TT, not a road race, that is why some cars are going slow, some all out, getting setup for a clear run is not always possible so you have to just go for it.

He does need to learn to drive a bit better line at times, smoother inputs as really jerked the car over a few times, or maybe more grip, seemed more driver than car though.

OIL temps good? I am going through considerable time and cost to put in a really good oil cooler but started it before you announced your radiator as did not want to stress the water cooling system with the stock water to oil cooler.

Please post about the water temps:)

--------------

Comments below are just random thoughts, ideas, things I have or am considering, etc.....

I would look into that Miata, seems not really in the right class, what was his time compared to yours?

I was looking at tire width in the rules, have you considered moving to a 225 instead of the 205's?

Perhaps it would be a gearing issue as 225/17" are quite tall with what is available that I have seen and the 225/15's I have are a bit short but fit with some fender rolling on 9" wide super low weight wheels, just need a little smaller diameter rotor, as we talked about.

EDITED:
I just thought about our conversation, your products are all intended to be direct bolt on, at least the vast majority, I understand that and being able to have wheels and tires that just fit instead of re-boring hubs and brakes, pulling and rolling fenders.....not quite inline with how you do things. AND, you have proven the 205's to be very fast as it is!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Dang two wheels haha...congrats on the second place finish.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Joe you have skills and brass bolas lol, that pass you made on that black bummer on the turn was scary...
You race in real life like I race in Forza Motorsport lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
After looking at the video again and talking with Joe the other day, it seems these cars are simply capable far beyond the sum of the parts. I have built a couple of very capable FWD cars and this one seems to just have some magic to it right out of the box and easy to expand upon:)

I have actually done some things or planned on some that I am going to back off on a bit and just get the car up and running as what I thought it just had to have for my purposes in some cases just not needed, I am a bit dumbfounded by some of it, like the rear toe and camber, seem totally wrong but Joe is proving otherwise.

Edited: I was not fully awake when I wrote the first version above, it was a long and fun Summer Solstice yesterday:)

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
It is truly is a special car thats not recognized by the common folk and I kinda like that. Would hate the FiST to end up being another Honda Civic.

HaveBlue83

that was some rowdy racing! gettin it dun tho! nice vids. glad to see this car is the modern day SVT F cosu on the racetrack.....kicking asses and pissing fast cars off! :)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The 225/40/17 on my stock DEF changed the gear ratio a good bit. I can now make it though the traps at the drag strip in 3rd, just kissing the rev limiter.

Then again.... With 300wheel torques... It make actually be faster with a taller gear like diesels are (which, we have to admit, this car does have a diesel like powerband with the stock turbo).

Either way thanx for posting the video !! Love stuff like this !!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
235 doesn't rub? I heard 225 was the highest our cars would go without rubbing issues.
As others have stated all tires are not created exactly the same it all depends where the Mfg measures from as to the actual tread width get a set of Hoosiers in 235 and they may not fit where as a set of Michelans where they measure up the sidewall more. Or so I have heard.. Glad to know some do fit

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
These tires were cheapie sumotio of something like that. Not as quick reacting to corning, little less lateral grip, but give improvement in forward traction ( reduced gear reduction i'm sure plays a role in that). The make more noise when corning too.
Also... Steering effort is increased.
Take it for what it is... A higher grade, sticky compound tire would give this car insane traction... It already dead hooks at any rpm with cold tires in 2nd gear, and that crazy "over powered under steer " is gone, but only because its already lost lateral traction before WOT. Anywhere near a straight steering wheel and its hooked up.

For $76 per tire. I'm very happy.

HaveBlue83

Im gonna do hr-z's for winter use on my spare wheels. Great bargain and life.

Id kike to do 18's but the weight and tire price is not too cool