Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motiv Concepts Performance Parts

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of picking up an ST in the coming weeks and was having a talk with my friends that run Motiv Concepts about possibly doing a complete kit with downpipes, an intercooler and a cat-back exhaust. I've done my research and it doesn't seem like any of these manufacturers have anything available yet that offers everything together. I've always been one to hate mixing and matching stuff so it's be nice if someone did it.

They said if we can garner enough interest they'd use my car and could have parts on the shelf within a few weeks. Since it's all made here in California, the wait time would be minimal. Right now they have a Focus downpipe application they just released but you can see the quality on their site... and I know how forums work and no, I do NOT work for them and am not trying to get free advertising out of this, I really just want this to happen and hopefully others would be interested as well.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Hey man welcome to the site...right now 2jracing has the downpipe and cat-back. He's going to be releasing a FMIC pretty soon, but there are still plenty of room for more companies to make more products. What size cat-back are they thinking of producing?

OP
aLL STaR Fiesta ST
Thread Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'm not sure what the plans are yet for the exhaust but they're open to suggestions, whether it's 2.5" or 3", etc.

Noticed you're from Miami, I spent 18 years there before making the move to California ten years ago. [thumb]

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of picking up an ST in the coming weeks and was having a talk with my friends that run Motiv Concepts about possibly doing a complete kit with downpipes, an intercooler and a cat-back exhaust. I've done my research and it doesn't seem like any of these manufacturers have anything available yet that offers everything together. I've always been one to hate mixing and matching stuff so it's be nice if someone did it.

They said if we can garner enough interest they'd use my car and could have parts on the shelf within a few weeks. Since it's all made here in California, the wait time would be minimal. Right now they have a Focus downpipe application they just released but you can see the quality on their site... and I know how forums work and no, I do NOT work for them and am not trying to get free advertising out of this, I really just want this to happen and hopefully others would be interested as well.

It looks really nice, downpipe looks high quality!

Nice looking stuff....funny...I'm in manufacturing and the running joke is...if it works, ship it...we're not making jewelry!!!....but that running joke is old and haggard...make the best shit with the best quality and appearance...post WWII is way over...America got away with so much garbage because they had the monopoly...and then came Japan...who used Deming's principles, which the US rejected...and we all know what happened...unless you don't know

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Product looks great, would love to see them make some products.

OP
aLL STaR Fiesta ST
Thread Starter #8
Nice looking stuff....funny...I'm in manufacturing and the running joke is...if it works, ship it...we're not making jewelry!!!....but that running joke is old and haggard...make the best shit with the best quality and appearance...post WWII is way over...America got away with so much garbage because they had the monopoly...and then came Japan...who used Deming's principles, which the US rejected...and we all know what happened...unless you don't know
I'm with you on this. Anyone can get something jigged up, ship it to China and reproduce what was intended to be a high quality part into something below standard. Like anything built with high quality parts, the cost will be higher but personally, I'd pay save a little longer and pay a little more for something that not just looks good but will last.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'm not sure what the plans are yet for the exhaust but they're open to suggestions, whether it's 2.5" or 3", etc.

Noticed you're from Miami, I spent 18 years there before making the move to California ten years ago. [thumb]
I grew up in TN and moved out to FL several years ago..still can never get used to the humidity haha. If I were them I would just go with the 3" like everyone else.

SICKESSS-ST

I agree, I would pay more for a better product, specially if it's one made in the US.

I would say go with 3", and hopefully they make something that'll produce a very low tone sound.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I would be really interested if a performance catted downpipe can be made to accommodate the OEM heat shield as well as pass the sniffer test for us CA folks that have to worry about random roadside emissions tests.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Judging from their FRS/BRZ exhaust, it looks like they produce great products. I would definitely be interested.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Judging from their FRS/BRZ exhaust, it looks like they produce great products. I would definitely be interested.
I had the single pipe muffller delete on my FRS and it was NOT any louder than my 2J racing set up and sved like 25 lbs .. but being a single pipe from a dbl it looked off .. On a side note I was passed by a tweaked GTI this morning on the way home from work (I had the beater car honda) and it had dual tips looked really sharp..

Harvick

1000 Post Club
On a side note I was passed by a tweaked GTI this morning on the way home from work (I had the beater car honda) and it had dual tips looked really sharp..
That's to be expected haha.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
That's to be expected haha.
LOL yupper ALWAYS .. funny thing I had forgotten so when he rolled up on my I looked over to give him a head nod and got the scornful "you ricer fart can driver" look.. (it was my boys honda which I reaquiered for the next driver in line at my house.. LMAO I just smiled ...

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

So being from Aliso Viejo why are you not a part of the SoCal Fiesta ST group on Facebook yet?

ATP currently does a downpipe for it, maybe CBE?
2J Racing does a downpipe+CBE for it,
Cobb Tuning has a Downpipe+CBE coming for it very soon,
Injen has a CBE coming soon, maybe a DP
Invidia has a CBE coming soon
ummm
who else
oh yeah
MillTek makes a Downpipe+CBE
CPe makes a downpipe+CBE

but IIRC everyone is bitching about 2.5" exhaust so a 3" would probably be a good seller for those convinced they need 3"

OP
aLL STaR Fiesta ST
Thread Starter #17
I'm still waiting for the car to arrive/build to start so I haven't really done much forum/community wise. Thanks for the information though, I'll definitely look into some of the other options as well!