Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motegi MR125 17x7.5 et42 - What about TPMS?

iso100

1000 Post Club
I found these on Amazon for only $151 a piece and FREE shipping.

I'm not sure what needs to be done, however, to transfer the TPMS sensors over. I assume I need to find a tire shop locally that can transfer over (and sync) the TPMS sensors when they move the tires from the stock wheels to the new ones.

Thoughts? Experiences?

I'm most interested in these wheels for performance. I figure dropping 6# per corner and getting another .5" of width should be a noticeable improvement.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Not enough of a weight loss for many here, but you'll definitely notice a difference all around in performance and feel. You'll have a bit better suspension response, turn-in due to the added sidewall stiffness, and get better acceleration and mpg's. All-around win.

The TPMS can transfer though they'll probably charge you for a rebuild kit to disassemble and move them over. They won't need to be to be retrained though as they are already trained to your car. It will probably run $100-150 altogether with the transfer and balancing.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Sweet. Good to know!

As for the weight... what wheels are noticeably lighter at 17x7-ish? I was seeing about a flat 16# as the lightest I've seen without going insane expensive or dropping diameter.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
No idea, weight isn't one of my critical concerns in a wheel. If it's light great, if not but it's a wheel I want, great as well.

Take it too to someone you trust if those TPMS sensor are broken when the tires get put on there REALLY EXPENSIVE!

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Good point. My plan was to choose someone from the Tire Rack installer list.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Are these wheels hubcentric to the Fist or do they need ring/ spacers?

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
They came with just a 72mm bore. No rings. I was able to find the exact size aluminum rings to fit the Fiesta on Amazon.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The rings. I have the wheels in route on FedEx. I think these wheels look sweet on this car.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
The rings. I have the wheels in route on FedEx. I think these wheels look sweet on this car.
Here's the link to the rings:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSKOGVQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're not prime but shipping was fast for me.

If they sell them at Pepboys. I don't want em.
LOL, Ok. I don't commonly check Pep Boys before ordering anything and if found there, remove from my cart... but to each their own.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the link...and nothing wrong with wheels that happen to be sold at pep boys, lol. They are just as good as others in that price range. The problem is when people buy all those stickers, graphics, exhaust cans , etc.. there and give the place a bad name.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I bought them for price and weight savings.