Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Borg Warner EFR Turbo Kit

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

We apologize for the delay in getting back to everyone but we've been wrapping up a Fiesta ST Turbo upgrade using a 6258 EFR turbo. The OEM turbo is incredibly small - so much so that the turbine wheel outlet is the width of two fingers. Take a look at the compressor intake as well. There is no doubt that we wont see much more power from the stock turbo than where we are right now (290wtq), with a large decrease as the rpms rise. The turbo just cant flow the necessary volume required to make sustainable power.

Although we are not looking for large gains in peak power, +30wtq - we are going to gain huge power advantages up top, where the stock turbo cant keep up. This will produce a car that simply pulls, and keeps on pulling without falling off.

Our turbo manifold will have a T25 flange to incorporate other popular style turbos (GT28, etc).

Stay tuned - here are the flanges.

ft.jpg
borgwarner-efr-6258-turbo-content-18.jpg
WP_20140627_16_43_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20140627_16_43_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20140627_16_42_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20140627_16_41_09_Pro.jpg

NOTES:
The EFR 6258 is the smallest and fastest spooling EFR turbocharger in the lineup. Ideal for small engines in single OR twin turbo configuration, this is an excellent turbocharger for autocross, rally, drift, road racing and street driven applications. The 62mm OD compressor has a 49.6mm inducer rated at 44lb/min max flow - supporting up to 440hp. This compressor wheel is versatile with very large map width for outstanding power potential, even at high boost. The low inertia 58mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is optimally matched for maximum response and fast spool with the FMW compressor wheel. EFR 6258 uses the smallest-sized EFR compressor housing, making fitment in the tightest engine bays possible. Ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 260-440hp range, or as twin turbo applications 400-700+hp **will not shuffle in twin turbo configuration like twin garretts** Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling recommended.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Awwwww sniggity snap! My pockets will be ready soon, I hope. Can you give a ballpark estimate on a full kit?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Oooh this makes me happy, that is a 44 lb/min turbo. :)

I was wondering why you guys have been so quiet...

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Our turbo manifold will have a T25 flange to incorporate other popular style turbos (GT28, etc).

Joe,
I have a couple of GT2871R for sale or trade if you are interested?

Dave

MOFiST

This is what I personally would want if I was going BT. Retain the low down torque so you don't need to rev the hell out of the car to push you back in your seat :p

This is great news that you are engineering this.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Oh any chance of a base type tune with the Turbo to get a person started ??

Following with interest. The series EFR turbos mean serious business, and I'd prefer to run one over the GT-series Garrett stuff.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't know about y'all, but this is a cliffhanger for me... C'mon man! Give us another crumb! One more tiny morsel!

PCA-1

The 6258 will do well on the 1.6. Down low, the power is a bit "soft" (in comparison to what happens later), but builds, and builds, and builds. Top end is a dream. For the power output, a very manageable torque curve. I have one sitting at my feet. It's day will come with lots of smiles thereafter.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
A piece of 3/4" steel plate could adapt it pretty easy actually. I used one to adapt a crx HF exhaust manifold to a wrx tdo4 for my 89' civic and it worked AWESOME. Just a thick steel plate with drilled/threaded bolt holes in it and a centered big hole in the middle for the exhaust flow.

But assuming the cost will be low, a direct bolt-on replacement would be better and easier of course. I think pumaspeeds manifold is like $1700.00 !!!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
A piece of 3/4" steel plate could adapt it pretty easy actually. I used one to adapt a crx HF exhaust manifold to a wrx tdo4 for my 89' civic and it worked AWESOME. Just a thick steel plate with drilled/threaded bolt holes in it and a centered big hole in the middle for the exhaust flow.

But assuming the cost will be low, a direct bolt-on replacement would be better and easier of course. I think pumaspeeds manifold is like $1700.00 !!!

My bad... It is ONLY $1100 or so.