Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Wheels - updated with pics

Here's a few pictures taken at modbargains. I must say, I'm extremely impressed with the guys over there. It's an awesome company that really seems to pride itself on great customer service. I want to give a big thanks to Nick and the CEO Mike! Both of them were very helpful with the process. Mike is a super cool guy; if I had any questions or concerns he'd personally get back to me almost immediately. I can't say enough good things about the company, definitely the place to go for your Fiesta needs!

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-011.jpg

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-008.jpg

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-007.jpg

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-006.jpg

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-004.jpg

fiesta-st-vogtland-coilovers-final-001.jpg

My wheels just arrived; I'm pretty excited to get them on the car! I'm not a big fan of black wheels so I was planning to take them to be powder coated on Monday, but I'm debating if it's worth the $400 cost. If I do have them powder coated I'm leaning towards Gold.

I also ordered a set of Vogtland Coilovers from Nick @ modbargains.com(Very cool guy and extremely helpful!)

Wheel Style - Rota Grid
Wheel Diameter (Inches) - 17"
Wheel Width (Inches) - 8"
PCD Bolt Pattern - 4x108
Offset - 40mm

photo.JPG

iso100

1000 Post Club
Very nice. It's going to be a tight fit up front with that offset and width but will look awesome.

What's the weight?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
nice...and congrats!

Look forward to seeing pics of those installed...

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Call B&B Powder coating in Riverside. They'll paint your wheels for less

9275 Orco Parkway, Suite J
Riverside, CA 92509
6-3 Monday - Friday
(951) 681-7894

You can pick any color from prismatic powder. I had my calipers on my mustang for $30.00 each. B&B does lots of wheels.
Bit of a ride, but worth it.

Nice Wheels.

Do you go with the stock tire on this new wheel or you buy another size?

Put Picture when your wheel are mounted with tire!

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #7
Nice Wheels.

Do you go with the stock tire on this new wheel or you buy another size?

Put Picture when your wheel are mounted with tire!
Thanks! I want to save some money and I have less than 4k miles on the stock tires so I'm going to use those for now. When I replace them I'll most likely go with a 215/40

I just dropped off the wheels this morning to be powder coated gold. As soon as I get them back I'll have my coilovers installed/wheels mounted and be sure to post a picture.

OK thanks,

I'm interested to see if the stock tire on a 8" width is to stretch or if they look's good!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Where did you order the grids from modbargains? I have 16" silver grids right now and the paint is dogged up. I want to powder coat them but if i can buy them new in black or bronze i will...

OP
Sirsinclair
Thread Starter #11

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Just go buy some rings. It's easy. Here is a set on Amazon for $17

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3QTYSU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everyone is making it sound like these wheels are going to be an evil demon or something.

With the stock tires, they are going to be stretched a bit but the good news is your potential of tire rubbing will be reduced compared to say a 215 or 225, which is the size you really want to take advantage of the 8" width.

With stock camber setting and stock tires, I doubt you will have any problem with tire to strut clearance, or rubbing. Once you go wider tires, you will most likely have to put more negative camber in the front, and that is when you will start getting really close to the strut.