Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

These are some cool and aggressive looking tires. Anyone drive on them on the track?
200 treadware, 205/45 r16

Worth getting sixteen inch rims for?

Or would it be wiser to stick with 17s and get the more expensive toyo r888 with the money you save not getting new wheels.

I would imagine the toyo r888 would be superior for track days than the potenza re11.

image.jpg image.jpg

R888s are ok, but Yokohama AD08R are stickier. Neither are good on a dd though, they both wear faster than normal.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
R888s are ok, but Yokohama AD08R are stickier. Neither are good on a dd though, they both wear faster than normal.
I see the Yokohama ad08r has 215/40r17. Would those fit the 17x7 wheels without hindering performance?

I can't comment on the R888's or the AD08R, but I have RE-11's on my Genesis and I love them. Very aggressive looking!

They're pretty good on the track, I've done a few track days with them now and they still have tread left. They're also good on the street, haven't had any issues.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use the Toyo R888 as my track tires.
I have used Toyo's for many years and am very happy with the performance.

Dave

I've run the RE-11's on my cars in the past; one of the best street-able tires of all time, and my personal favorite. They have increased the treat wear rating from 140w to 200w just to meet the requirements for rules changes in SCCA street class. There is no standard for the rating or rules they have to follow... so likely they are just changing the number.

The only thing that compares is the Direzza Star Specs ZII's... I ran these last summer, great tire as well.

What I don't like about both the Khumo Ecsta XS and Toyo Proxes is they seem to get greasy after a few short events and then the grip just dissipates for the rest of the tire life, this doesn't happen with the Bridgestones or Dunlops.

I love Toyo for their insane off-road MT's, but in my own experience all of their passenger tires have been a disappointment for me over the years.