Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro Baby Seat for the FiST owning Parents.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NOOUUF4

• Racing-Inspired Side Impact Protection
  • LATCH Connectors to Secure Booster
  • Comfort Enhancing Memory Foam
  • Removable Liners for Built-In Cup Holders
  • QuickLift 11-Poistion Head Rest
  • Cloud Comfort Memory Foam
  • Luxurious, temperature balancing fabrics & CoolMesh air ventilation keep your child cool, comfortable and happy
  • Racing-Inspired Full-Body Side Impact Protection designed to protect each of the 5 vulnerable areas of a child in a side impact crash: head, neck, face, torso and pelvis
  • LATCH Connectors to secure unattended booster seat & prevent it from becoming a projectile (NOTE: safety feature does not secure child into the car)
  • Forward-facing only 30-120 pounds and 37-61 inches

I wanted that seat soo bad but in gray/black to match my recaros... but my kid.. though she's almost 4 years old: will not sit still and needs a harness,

So just be aware if you need a harness this Recaro seat isn't for you.

Ended up with this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...957.2273443.4392756.2256193&parentPage=search

The cup holders pull right off and after about a week that's just what I did, only put them back on longer trips where you actually need a snack/drink break.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I wanted to get this for our son, but my wife read the reviews that when facing the seat towards the rear it blocked a lot of the visibility. We ended up getting another brand, but I do prefer the Racaros and it matches our cars much better lol.

I would of gotten this one.

I wanted to get this for our son, but my wife read the reviews that when facing the seat towards the rear it blocked a lot of the visibility. We ended up getting another brand, but I do prefer the Racaros and it matches our cars much better lol.
... definitely true as far as blocking a lot of the view, just slightly worse than if you leave the other headrests in.

They are pretty wide, i have two in the back seat. And I had to take the head rests out.

thanks for replying with pictures guys! I'm waiting to sell my corvette to pick up the fiesta as a daycare runner, this stuff helps with the wife :p

Man, this is an AWESOME threadā€¦.baby on the way - due in May, and we've been looking at Recaros. ANY other advice or thoughts you all have, PLEASE share them!

Man, this is an AWESOME threadā€¦.baby on the way - due in May, and we've been looking at Recaros. ANY other advice or thoughts you all have, PLEASE share them!
I agree with you on this man, it's the thread I've been looking for. My baby is due in October, still a little ways away but I guess you can never be too prepared. Congratulations on the baby.

How does everyone fit in the FiST with the car seat in? I'm 6ft and my girlfriend is about 5'8, would we have trouble fitting?

I replied on your thread you made, but I should post here too for future reference for others. I'm 6'0, wife is 5'7. We have a rear facing infant seat. I ended up buying a Fiesta ST with recaros after test driving with baby seat in the middle of the back seat, wife up front and me driving comfortably. Also, a normal stroller fits in the back. Perfect for a day trip in my eyes or a quick trip to a friends house.

Remind me to take some pictures for those of you that are interested.

Also, wife can fit in the back seat with the baby in the middle, with the front passenger seat set up for someone 5'7.

Also posted in the other thread, but if you have twins like me, or 2 kids in car seats, Just plan on them needing to be front facing. Rear facing Convertible seats mean an unusable front seat. A rear facing carrier will also hamper front seats, but not as much as the convertibles.

Here's the other thread, where I posted a more complete review, including info on our specific seats:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4577-Dad-to-be

I don't even have a kid. I'm not going to have one either. But I want this, color and fabric matched, in my back seat. So that when I get pulled over, if that ever happens, I can point to it and say "I'm late picking the kid up from his grandparents" or "Look, I'm being responsible, I wasn't hooning with the kid in the car!"