Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Transformer

Just installed mine today. Has anyone that's installed it seen any visual increase on their AP boost gauge, or estimated tq? Both values are the same 20.5/253 that it has been for months.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Decided I'm taking the Turbo Transformer out of my car. Have given it plenty of time to "learn", and haven't felt or seen any kind of performance improvement. The only thing I've noticed has been a kind of bucking, when accelerating at about half throttle.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Did you contact [MENTION=1331]Turbo Transformer[/MENTION], ? Maybe ask if he'll cover the cost of a dyno to see if there are any improvements.

Hi civicassassin,

Sorry to read that you are having problems. Where did your get the turbo transformer from? It sounds like you have a prototype that was never sold. Not to get too technical but in February/April when I was testing several prototyopes, I used a DAC chip thinking it was better but it caused the exact problem you are describing . Feel free to open the box and send me a picture of what is inside. You should feel an obvious difference otherwise something is wrong with that unit. Go ahead and contact me by email with the details ( and device history) and I will take a look.

Hi civicassassin,

Sorry to read that you are having problems. Where did your get the turbo transformer from? It sounds like you have a prototype that was never sold. Not to get too technical but in February/April when I was testing several prototyopes, I used a DAC chip thinking it was better but it caused the exact problem you are describing . Feel free to open the box and send me a picture of what is inside. You should feel an obvious difference otherwise something is wrong with that unit. Go ahead and contact me by email with the details ( and device history) and I will take a look.
….and the above is the EXACT reason why I was more than eager to try this guy's product. His pride in his product and participative immersion in the forums, even when dealing with nay-sayers, is second to none.

Civic Assassin, you should notice a definite difference in your little FiST. I know we did! It's (obviously) not going to turn your car into some 10 sec raging BEAST, but the difference is very noticeable.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
We've been in contact. Gonna swap it out for another, and we'll see what happens at that point. Whiplash, do you have a Cobb AP installed? If so, were you able to see a new peak boost number?

We've been in contact. Gonna swap it out for another, and we'll see what happens at that point. Whiplash, do you have a Cobb AP installed? If so, were you able to see a new peak boost number?
I do not have any other mod on the car, performance wise, outside of the Turbo Transformer.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
Well....The final result. After constant contact with Turbo Transformer, I can safely say the car feels amazing, now. Ended up getting three units sent to me, over the course of the last couple weeks. Come to find out, I was the problem. Apparently, I had the harness-side of the unit installed upside-down. A tip for anyone that installs this product. The "tit" on the harness-side of the unit does NOT slide into the little divet on the factory harness. It looks like that's where it belongs, but it does NOT! The "tit" goes on the clip-side. The sensor-side of the unit slides easily into the sensor. If you try to force it, you probably have it upside-down. Never attempted to flip that side, was pretty obvious it didn't belong that way.

Big thanks to Turbo Transformer for going above and beyond. Definitely have to agree with Whiplash. Some AWESOME customer service.

Well....The final result. After constant contact with Turbo Transformer, I can safely say the car feels amazing, now. Ended up getting three units sent to me, over the course of the last couple weeks. Come to find out, I was the problem. Apparently, I had the harness-side of the unit installed upside-down. A tip for anyone that installs this product. The "tit" on the harness-side of the unit does NOT slide into the little divet on the factory harness. It looks like that's where it belongs, but it does NOT! The "tit" goes on the clip-side. The sensor-side of the unit slides easily into the sensor. If you try to force it, you probably have it upside-down. Never attempted to flip that side, was pretty obvious it didn't belong that way.

Big thanks to Turbo Transformer for going above and beyond. Definitely have to agree with Whiplash. Some AWESOME customer service.
So glad it worked out well for you! Props to you also for admitting your fault in the ordeal….most folks, I imagine, would not do the same. Enjoy your newfound power. I'm guessing I've had mine on for about 7,000 miles - ZERO problems, only LOTS of smiles! The little beast breaks loose 2nd gear from time to time from a roll on with just a stab of the throttle….and outside of the Turbo Transformer, I have NO addt'l performance mods. LOVE IT!

Glad to hear some people have put some miles on them. We need a group buy! Wish I would've grabbed one black Friday

Feb will be a year I've had mine on.
I remember those days like it was yesterday. I will never forget that post on FocusST.org where I took a monumental beating for even suggesting this. A very special THANK YOU for all the support and help with testing the prototype units.

Thanks everybody else for the positive comments and testimonials.

Glad to hear some people have put some miles on them. We need a group buy! Wish I would've grabbed one black Friday
Not sure there will be a group buy - in fact, there may be a price hike in mid-February, per an agreement I have with a retailer. Though if I get 10+ orders or requests, I would do the Black Friday price again.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Little secret.... I never took mine off. Ever. Its still on my car right now, lol.
So, with all of the tuning you've done, it's always been there? Do you think it still makes a difference after the tuning you've done?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
It may or may not effect my far right now. I just know I'm used to tuning my car with it on the car, so I never change it. Its a variable that I just assume leave in play, lol. Maybe one day I'll remove it. Prob not.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
It may or may not effect my far right now. I just know I'm used to tuning my car with it on the car, so I never change it. Its a variable that I just assume leave in play, lol. Maybe one day I'll remove it. Prob not.
Sounds good, I was just curious if you were running it while tuning. I still am curious to see what will happen if you removed it while on the same tune that your on. The good thing is that for the people who buy these, there seems to be no harm in further modding with it.