Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost gauge installation

Hi guys can any one help me i wanna installe a boost gauge on my fiesta Mk7 ST but im not 100% sure where the vacum hose goes and so forth ,anybody have some step by step pic and instruction on how to do this ......

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
You can grab the boost signal off the compressor outlet by adding a "T" into it. The issue with this is that you will be seeing compressor outlet pressure, not intake manifold pressure. On the other hand... The cobb access port displays and logs real manifold pressure, so as long as you tune by that, and just use the the manual in-car gauge for looks, that should work fine. It will read 1-2psi higher than your actual manifold pressure, but really, since your not using it for tuning, that's not a big deal.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
What Sour said.
You can also tee-in just below the TB, its a bit of a pita but, you need fittings and clamps.

Boost line 1.jpg

Last edited:
1/4" was tight, but I got it on. It was really the best size as the T that came with the Autometer gauge has fairly small barbs.

The most bizarre thing started happening now though.... I zipped my wires along the same path as existing wires coming from driver pillar, left to right, behind the center console and over to the fuse box. There I tapped into the heated seat fuse position since I don't have heated seats. Now when I hit a bump just right the AC turns itself on from a completely off setting...... I have worked on my own cars since I was a teenager (40 now) and electrical is my strong point, so I would hope its just a coincidence and not something I did. :(

I routed the nylon line through the symposer as I have it blocked off with a plug where the tube connects to the box anyway. Closeup image is before I straightened the gauge.

20170403_205402.jpg

20170403_205415.jpg

20170403_213548.jpg

20170404_182759.jpg

20170404_183107.jpg

20170404_200813.jpg

20170404_214353.jpg

Spaceman_Spiff

1/4" was tight, but I got it on. It was really the best size as the T that came with the Autometer gauge has fairly small barbs.

The most bizarre thing started happening now though.... I zipped my wires along the same path as existing wires coming from driver pillar, left to right, behind the center console and over to the fuse box. There I tapped into the heated seat fuse position since I don't have heated seats. Now when I hit a bump just right the AC turns itself on from a completely off setting...... I have worked on my own cars since I was a teenager (40 now) and electrical is my strong point, so I would hope its just a coincidence and not something I did. :(

I routed the nylon line through the symposer as I have it blocked off with a plug where the tube connects to the box anyway. Closeup image is before I straightened the gauge.

View attachment 13905

View attachment 13906

View attachment 13907

View attachment 13908

View attachment 13909

View attachment 13910

View attachment 13911
That's awesome, nicely done! As someone who is really interested in installing gauges but hasn't ever done it, I'd like to ask a question: is all the wiring done in the cabin (ground, power, etc.) and then run the appropriate wire(s) to the sensor in the engine compartment, or is there wiring to be done under the hood also? your install looks really clean, I really like it.

Thanks!

The wiring is all under the dash, run down from the driver pillar and over to the passenger side to the fuse panel behind the glove box. Then there is a 1/8" nylon pressure line run through the firewall up to the front of the engine and T'ed in before that check valve. (2nd to last image)