Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Fiesta ST debadging

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Debadged my Fiesta ST today, figured I should do a how to for anyone who is interested in removing the Fiesta logo as well.

Items Needed:
1) Hair Dryer
2) 2-3 feet of dental floss
3) 2-3 Microfiber towels
4) Car polish
5) Wax Applicator Pad

Step 1 - Make sure your hatch is clean.

Step 2 - Get about 2 to 3ft of dental floss and fold it in half so you can double its strength.

Step 3 - Lay a couple of towels along the bumper just in case the badge breaks while debadging.

Step 4 - Use a hair dryer to heat up the badge, be careful as to not hold it too close to the paint. Keep it about 5 inches away.

Step 5 - As soon as the badge gets warm to the touch, you can slide the floss underneath the badge and in a zig-zag motion pull the floss back towards you.

Step 6 - Gently lift the badge away.

Step 7 - Remove the remaining double-sided tape. You may need to use the hair dryer to warm up the double-sided tape before removing.

Step 8 - Apply a small amount of polish to ensure you remove all the tape residues.

Step 9 - Buff the polish away.

Step 10 - End result.

T

takuarc

Now move the st badge to the right for the added hp :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Very nice!

Thanks dude. I saw this after I did it and said heyyyy I should put a picture up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
anyone know how to remove the front Ford badge? i F'ed mine up bad and need a new one.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm pretty sure the fronts are the same type of adhesive-backed badges as the rear. Some floss/fishing line and some Goo-Gone or adhesive remover to remove the remaining residue should work.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Can we second this? I think there may be studs as well, but if we can get a second on 2 way tape. I am talking about the blue ford oval.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Can we second this? I think there may be studs as well, but if we can get a second on 2 way tape. I am talking about the blue ford oval.
I'm 99% sure its double-sided tape like the Focus ST. Try heating it up with a hair dryer before trying to lift it. What happened to your emblem?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
i had a DMB gel overlay for the front, it was getting dirt under it so i took it off to clean and glue on. bought some super duper glue. then when i went to glue it on the glue started to eat the blue oval and wouldnt stick and when i tried to pull it off i found out that the glue works very well on the chrome ford lettering, by ripping my gel sticker. now i find out ford killed DMB right to make them so now my oem Ford is F'ed up.

i did find a site that you can get anything you want made. so now i have 8 replacement gel emblems coming.

from http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/

the main site is www.heko.co.uk/

hope they are good because my oem Ford oval is FUBAR

Sekred

1000 Post Club
i had a DMB gel overlay for the front, it was getting dirt under it so i took it off to clean and glue on. bought some super duper glue. then when i went to glue it on the glue started to eat the blue oval and wouldnt stick and when i tried to pull it off i found out that the glue works very well on the chrome ford lettering, by ripping my gel sticker. now i find out ford killed DMB right to make them so now my oem Ford is F'ed up.

i did find a site that you can get anything you want made. so now i have 8 replacement gel emblems coming.

I have just had the bumper off, there is 2 or 3 studs with push on clips that hold it on.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Could i just pull it off or do i need to do something with the studs?
I didn't take a real close look just noticed when I was working on the bumper.
I think the clips were round and slipped over the studs and lock on so you need to remove them first.

OEM Ford badges are usually replaced free under warranty anyway, plus Ford want to stop others infringing copyright by making the (more attractive?) colored badges. Dealers aren't keen on replacing badges FOC, but Ford permit it, if you wish, of course.

I debadged mine about 3 days after I purchased it. The "fiesta" badge required nearly zero effort to pull off. I didn't need heat or even the floss.

Siestarider

I removed the ford emblem from the nose of my Fist, took it apart and painted it white to match car but left the blue plastic oval around it. Take the front facia (plastic bumper) off first and remove the stud clips holding the emblem from behind. It also has 2 sided tape under the emblem, but otherwise you risk damaging the plastic around the emblem on the nose trying to pull the studs out.

I want people to think I am driving a standard Fiesta, don't want to hide it. Now that I have my Mountune MP-215 kit installed, the look on their faces when they can't keep up with a 'Fiesta' is priceless!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
One of the first things I did after purchase was to remove that silly "Fiesta" badge! LOL