Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revisiting tow hooks

meFiSTo

Ok kids, I know there have been a couple threads regarding tow hooks and straps, but relatively few examples. If you've done them, please share pictures of attachment (if you have them).

With Ford's inexplicable omission of tow hook mounting points on U.S. cars (Focus ST and Fiesta ST), at this point I'm a bit resigned to having a custom welded on bracket made and coming through the faux grill (or wherever the best spot is back there). Might be a place in the back to mount a hook under the car. Worked with the SVT Focus.

I do like these: M-17954-A

I found this mounting approach for a focus: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i2xnf20dxpl0oht/AAAV-k95cYqTrb6QYeIiVE__a?dl=0

I figure to do something similar.

There are options intended for Mustangs that might be able to be modified (meaning with brackets that can be cut and bent as needed, then welded to the the bumper beam), like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...kegQzq5x4Jn41gQvHr35Ud_uBE1lc1PkDhxoCTFvw_wcB

Otherwise a custom bracket. Bleh.

I read somewhere in passing that Ford does not recommend the strap approach. I do not recall where or why.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will have to take pics when I return from a road trip.

I drilled through the bumper beam and used a large high strength bolt to attach a rear seat belt strap I had on hand(I forgot to order a regular tow strap but it is the same thing so I might just leave it that way)

A bit of the grill was clipped out to pass it through. I wanted to do it where the ST emblem goes as I debadge my cars but I had notched the bumper beam and it would not match up so I had to have it come out a bit lower and more to the middle.

Silver car, black strap, hangs out around 5-6 inches, can be pushed in for the street but I have to tie something to it to pull it back, tie wraps will probably be used.

Cost so far, $0

I do have a bunch of bits to sharpen though, the bumper is high strength and very hard to drill.

I should of just welded a bolt to the back of the bumper beam, like the IC mounts I made, then used a nut to hold it on, would of been far easier and lighter.

One good size but short bolt, one washer, one nut, tow strap, combined weight very low.

this seems interesting... but i guess theres no way around not drilling/cutting a hole into the bumper is there...? never a fan of doing either...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I guess one could wrap a two piece bolted together strap around the beam that has a place to bolt a hook to.

Maybe I should put that on my product to look into list:)

Going through the grill looks cleaner to me that through the bumper cover.