Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST carbon fiber parts "Group buy feeler"

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

Whats up guys..I wanted to see how many of you fellow members would be interested in some carbon parts for the fiesta st platform. we have Brian wasp who owns WASP COMPOSITES who does all of are carbon parts for our shop time attack EVO 8. He does an amazing job and the parts are fully functional including looks. Now this is just a FEELER, I need at least 10 people that are of serious interest to get this project rolling. Now when i say carbon parts, Im talking Fenders, Splitters, wing inserts etc. also if you guys have any carbon ideas shoot them my way. thx guys

https://www.facebook.com/waspcomposites
https://www.facebook.com/CMbuildz

A more functional front splitter than what is already on the market may grab my interest. Even if it may be a bumper/splitter combo to get a more functional shape.

And functional rear diffuser.

Oh and some flat floor type thing that extend to some functional sideskirts that could replace the plastic protective[?] panels under the chassis

I would be interested..so long that it wouldn't cost be six months worth of eating.
[wrenchin]

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #6
ok great guys, I spoke to Brian today and he said if I have 5 serious members that would be interested then we can go ahead with this project. we're going to start with the full carbon front splitter. we're thinking that its going to be around $550-$650 shipped to your door. All international sales are available obviously more shipping cost but we can do that. Im NOT asking for any money at the moment simply just want the SERIOUS members that would love a full functional carbon splitter. Im going to start taking names. Go ahead and reply back with "IM SERIOUS" haha. thx guys. if we can get 5 serious names on there then my car will be at WASP composites in the beginning of Feb.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Im Serious

Also I see on his FB page he does front brake cooling systems (IE vents ducting and backer plates) if he could give them a look too perhaps just a thought

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
How big would the front splitter have to be for it to be functional? I don't want something that sticks out a foot from the bumper.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I would hope we see at least a bar napkin sketch of it before we commit hard cash to it .

felopr

i am still thinking if the op body kit is really practical or they are like auditioning for a fast and furious movie...

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
If you could keep the cost competitive I may be interested in a CF splitter....

And like many others have said already we really need to see closer pics showing examples of workmanship and a proposed design sketch/drawing of the CF splitter for the FiST before committing...

btw....As a point of reference...Bojix offers a CF splitter for the FiST for $495 which I though was still a bit spendy....

http://www.bojix.com/exterior/bojix-design-carbon-fiber-front-splitter/

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Splitter with under tray or at least designed to add one on and not to aggressive for the street as even the TR modest one is easy to scrap with a modestly lowered car. Or, make aggressive but easy to put on and take off for the track and autocrossers. It would be very cool to have one that turns up at the ends to block air from hitting the tires and a design with a flat faced curved surface to add extensions for those running wider tires would be nice.

Rear Diffuser, not much area to work with and keep it tucked a bit but if sealed on the leading edge to not trap air like the stock rear of the car now does...at least it will help a decent amount:) Then we can, as I planned already, sand off the backing of the stock rear grill to let trapped air out.

"wing" since we have none now something that integrates well would be very nice, just a part to add to the stock spoiler would help a bit but there is only so much a spoiler can do.

Side skirts, functional design with underbody covering built in or designed to make it easy to add that for the more serious track oriented owners.

Prices, as low as you can of course, some parts could be in less costly materials, some that needed painted, etc......so those with less budget or track their cars and beat stuff up a bit can afford to buy replacements or just patch and touch up, etc.....race car stuff instead of show car stuff:)

Thanks!
Rick

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #16
ok this is great, well the splitter is prob going to stick out 5 inches pass the bumper. Also [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] the splitter is going to have a option for under tray or possibly the only option depending on what members are looking for. personally I want to do a full splitter with undertray build in. Heres a pic of what im shooting for.

1.rodmoe
2.MKVIIST
3.BoostBumps
4.RAAMaudio
5.pete

Pete

I am serious and in on the splitter with the undertray I have been waiting for something like this to become available

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
CM, Not sure if you noticed, that is my under tray, it is made from Alumalite which if far less expensive than CF but does a great job.
If you make the splitter and include a pattern others could make a lower cost under tray as some may not the budget for a CF one.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #19
Oh sorry [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] I didn't know that was your car ... I really like that design ... Anyway so the splitter will be made up of 12k 2x2 carbon over 1/2" thick high density foam core I'm going to be posting up some more photos ... Bryan just said he can make it in several different colors also for a additional charge he also started adding plastic rub strips in front to protect the front leading edge from scraping and destroying the splitter

Pete

I do have one consern. I have a 6 point under chassis brace from pierce motorsports. I am now wondering if that might be in the way for mounting the splitter/undertray.

Ford Community Posts