Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In 3 hours and 16 minutes, I'll be officially part of the party! Hello from Montreal

Here's my story real fast: I'm a guy from Montreal Canada, and I've always loved cars, amongst other passions. Playing Gran Turismo obsessively with my friends, reading about sports cars in guides and magazines, etc. Back in 2007, I was working full time and fell in love with the Cobalt SS Supercharged, and since I could afford it, I got one (leased). I modified a couple things throughout the years, and when I had to give it back, I was really sad because the buyback price was much higher than the street price, and I also had a pretty major accident with it... So I gave up and had no choice but to let my car go.

Since I wanted to finally move out of my parents place, I decided to buy a 2011 Focus SE (in early 2012) to have low payments. I did just that. After 3 months, I was already bored with it and couldn't help but feel this car was not at all for me, and that I was missing having a sports car SO bad. But I was stuck with it. Fast forward last year, my friend bought a Focus ST, and needless to say, I was ridiculously jealous. I went on to try everything to give back my 2011 focus and get an ST without a penalty, but it just wasn't possible.

Move until 3 weeks ago, my Focus was at the dealer for a minor repair (which turned out not to be warranted and not so minor after all) and they lend me an automatic Fiesta (my sister also has one). I hated the automatic transmission on that car, but loved pretty much everything else about it, it handled REALLY well, and I just couldn't even imagine how the ST would feel. I was already sold. I did everything I could, and after multiple attempt by different dealers, I finally found a way to bring back my Focus 2011, and get a Fiesta ST with only a minor penalty (we're talking 500$ in 7 years).

So it is done. Tonight, I'm getting a car I absolutely fell in love with, and NEVER NEVER again will I get a car that I don't like for the sake of being "responsible". I now know that I need to love my car and that it's much more important to me than it might have seem at the time.

Good to be part of sports card family once more!! [twothumb]

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
Tuxedo Black, I took moonroof, navigation, and the custom painted mags (couldn't resist the red callipers)!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congratulations! Violins77

Nice! You're going to love it. Hopefully you get even more smiles than your Cobalt gave you. :)

Hey! Une autre FiST a Boucherville! Tux black en plus! On se fera un meet un de ces 4 !!

OP
V
Thread Starter #11
[MENTION=479]Fortz[/MENTION] No WAY!! What are the odds! Well, sorry to break the exclusivity. We'll need to find a way to differentiate them!

Here's my story real fast: I'm a guy from Montreal Canada, and I've always loved cars, amongst other passions. Playing Gran Turismo obsessively with my friends, reading about sports cars in guides and magazines, etc. Back in 2007, I was working full time and fell in love with the Cobalt SS Supercharged, and since I could afford it, I got one (leased). I modified a couple things throughout the years, and when I had to give it back, I was really sad because the buyback price was much higher than the street price, and I also had a pretty major accident with it... So I gave up and had no choice but to let my car go.

Since I wanted to finally move out of my parents place, I decided to buy a 2011 Focus SE (in early 2012) to have low payments. I did just that. After 3 months, I was already bored with it and couldn't help but feel this car was not at all for me, and that I was missing having a sports car SO bad. But I was stuck with it. Fast forward last year, my friend bought a Focus ST, and needless to say, I was ridiculously jealous. I went on to try everything to give back my 2011 focus and get an ST without a penalty, but it just wasn't possible.

Move until 3 weeks ago, my Focus was at the dealer for a minor repair (which turned out not to be warranted and not so minor after all) and they lend me an automatic Fiesta (my sister also has one). I hated the automatic transmission on that car, but loved pretty much everything else about it, it handled REALLY well, and I just couldn't even imagine how the ST would feel. I was already sold. I did everything I could, and after multiple attempt by different dealers, I finally found a way to bring back my Focus 2011, and get a Fiesta ST with only a minor penalty (we're talking 500$ in 7 years).

So it is done. Tonight, I'm getting a car I absolutely fell in love with, and NEVER NEVER again will I get a car that I don't like for the sake of being "responsible". I now know that I need to love my car and that it's much more important to me than it might have seem at the time.

Good to be part of sports card family once more!! [twothumb]
Congrats man, I Hope one day ill have mine (test drove one last week, such a fun ride), im looking forward to get a used one after i sold my Genesis Coupe V6. What was your final price with taxes and everything if you dont mind. Im from St-Hubert near you guys, maybe a meet this summer if i finnaly purchase one lol

OP
V
Thread Starter #19
Congrats man, I Hope one day ill have mine (test drove one last week, such a fun ride), im looking forward to get a used one after i sold my Genesis Coupe V6. What was your final price with taxes and everything if you dont mind. Im from St-Hubert near you guys, maybe a meet this summer if i finnaly purchase one lol
Sorry for the delay, I never noticed that! The final price with taxes came at around 35K (Cad) (I'll get the specific tomorrow). It has everything, nav, room, painted mags, etc. I did get a 500$ promotional card that I used to order Injen Cold Air Intake and Boomba BOV adaptor. Is sounds ridiculously good now!

Etyrnus

Former Cobalt SS/SC to FiST via Mazda3 here, welcome! And trust me, this will have as many if not more smiles from you than the Cobalt, it's a lot more fun to throw around, even though that was a great handling car too.