Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member, still shopping... [edit] Now Ordered, another Toronto FiST

New member, still shopping... [edit2] Now Delivered!, another Toronto FiST

Hi,
Just joined to do some more research.

Currently I drive a 2006 Subaru STI and a 2013 Kia Rio5. I daily/winter drive the Kia and am looking to replace it with a car that bridges the performance gap to my STI a little better. I have modified the Subaru quite extensively and don't drive it daily or in the winter anymore and have been happy with my Kia, especially as I lease, and the lease payments equal my fuel savings!
I test drove a Fiesta ST last week and pretty much cemented my choice to move into one soon. Most likely Performance Blue with no options (Canadian cars come with the Recaros).

LOL, I'm in this same boat. I may have a 2015 Oxford White FiST by the end of this weekend though, welcome! :bowdown:

Welcome! :) and happy shopping. Good color choice if you end up getting performance blue.

OP
blurred
Thread Starter #7
I waited as long as I could, finally pulled the trigger on Saturday and ordered an Oxford White 2015 with Navi only and the Storm grey interior (Recaro's Std equip).
It will be a 4 year lease instead of my usual 3 because I think it will keep a smile on my face for the daily commute/winter duty, and still be fun enough when my STI is left at home or on a hoist for more mods.

3 month wait.... arrrgh... :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave

I waited as long as I could, finally pulled the trigger on Saturday and ordered an Oxford White 2015 with Navi only and the Storm grey interior (Recaro's Std equip).
It will be a 4 year lease instead of my usual 3 because I think it will keep a smile on my face for the daily commute/winter duty, and still be fun enough when my STI is left at home or on a hoist for more mods.

3 month wait.... arrrgh... :)
Finally I have someone to chill with at the Subaru meets haha. Congrats dude!

OP
blurred
Thread Starter #12
Well, still waiting.... Car was built on the 21st of April :) Should be here in the next couple of weeks so I decided to start modding it in its absence...

Aem Water/Meth kit is here to install asap
MP215 kit ordered and on the way
Mountune springs ordered and on the way
Garageline 15mm wheel spacers ordered (for OEM wheels)
TripleR composites front lip ordered

I think that'll do for now.

except for the Deadhook shifter extension and making a gas pedal spacer.

:)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Awesome list. Mine was built April 28. Might be on the same railcar delivery. Where did you get the triple r from? So many i saw are too expensive shipped.

OP
blurred
Thread Starter #14
Awesome list. Mine was built April 28. Might be on the same railcar delivery. Where did you get the triple r from? So many i saw are too expensive shipped.
Might be!

I ordered from Garageline. Backordered at the moment though... I just shipped all of the parts to CBI and will drive down to pick it all up, so paid $40 shipping for everything in the list above (except the WMI which was more local)

Well, still waiting.... Car was built on the 21st of April :) Should be here in the next couple of weeks so I decided to start modding it in its absence...

Aem Water/Meth kit is here to install asap
MP215 kit ordered and on the way
Mountune springs ordered and on the way
Garageline 15mm wheel spacers ordered (for OEM wheels)
TripleR composites front lip ordered

I think that'll do for now.

except for the Deadhook shifter extension and making a gas pedal spacer.

:)
I call dibs on all your parts when you return your lease haha

Might be!

I ordered from Garageline. Backordered at the moment though... I just shipped all of the parts to CBI and will drive down to pick it all up, so paid $40 shipping for everything in the list above (except the WMI which was more local)
Hey, blurred, congrats!

For future reference, what's "CBI"?

Love your colour choice!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I asked the same thing. Win win in my mind. Order stuff and get the benefits of US free shipping AND have an excuse for a day drive in the FiST. Nothing wrong with that.

OP
blurred
Thread Starter #20
I guess I should update, I took delivery on the 29th of May. Ordered Feb 28th, so 12 weeks total.

So far I'm loving it as a daily, the light controls and the little throttle blip as you let out the clutch make it so easy to drive in stop/go traffic without any throttle. Performance wise, it isn't anywhere near as fast or grippy as my Subaru, but it doesn't really matter as the limits are pretty decent for the street.

Issues so far? Only that the headlights absolutely stink, h11 should never be in a headlight... too dim, the relfectors are not good at all, too mich light scatter, awkward hotspots that are too vertical, and the horrible side glare...
To fix I have swapped in some h9 bulbs which make a noticeable difference in brightness (but also in the side glare...), and dropped in some LED foglights (diode dynamics luxeon versions). Just a temporary fix as I have also ordered some Murano and Corolla LED headlights and will swap one of the 2 in, hoping the Muranos can fit as you can also do a clear lens swap so should bring them closer to a nice HID projector setup in terms of brightness and cutoff. If they don't fit the corollas will be decent enough.

LED Fogs

Still trying to get used to the stupid pedal placement (hey Ford, seriously... WTF... you make a car that oversteers but put stupid pedals in to save from lawsuits form stupid drivers...). First mod when i got back from the dealer was the no-pistons spacer, but that still isn't enough, I still miss all the time (most of my shoes have narrow soles), so i might have to just bend the brake pedal a bit or change the pad itself.

Seats? damn... ruined my STI driving experience ;) I used to have some much nicer JDM STI spec-C Type RA (that's a mouthful) seats that were pretty good, but still nowhere even remotely close to these recaros. Now i have to do a Subaru seat swap right away haha.

Still waiting on backordered Garageline wheel spacers but the TripleR lip has arrived and waiting for pickup, so I'm very excited to get all of the above mods complete.

Gas mileage is great so far, getting between 7.4 and 8L/100km, and that's with lots of very fast driving/full throttle time and a 50/50 mix of stop/go traffic and hwy cruise so I'm impressed.