Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattle / buzzing noise coming from passenger side

So I was driving today and noticed a small but annoying rattling/ buzzing noise coming from the passenger side door area. I don't know if it might be a loose panel or if it is just because it is very cold where I live and everything has stiffened up a bit. Either way, their shouldn't be a rattle coming from a brand new car. I am hoping someone on here might be able to help diagnose this problem!!

I noticed a slight buzzing the other day on my driver side B-pillar. In my case it was just because the radio was up a bit high [rockon]

My guess is its from this blast of cold were having. The plastic panels expand and contract at a different rate than the sheet metal they clip into. Worst case, could be a warped panel or broken clip which would be fixed under warranty.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Sometimes I'll get an occansional rattle here and there over rough roads but it's not all the time.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ive been hearing a small rattle somewhere around the middle of my dash i can't pinpoint. I dont know if it coming from the mft,vents or glove box but its drivin me crazy. Im touching everything in that area while I drive and cant stop the rattle.

STooge

If you are getting something consistent. Take the car in now. It's all covered under warranty. Most manufacturers have a squeak and rattle kit to deal with this.

Ive been hearing a small rattle somewhere around the middle of my dash i can't pinpoint. I dont know if it coming from the mft,vents or glove box but its drivin me crazy. Im touching everything in that area while I drive and cant stop the rattle.
Me too around the mft in third gear around 2k rpm it buzzes but stop as i put my hand on top of the stack

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I'm getting this noise coming from the passenger seat area. Generally happens between 3000rpm and redline. Volume increases as the speed goes up and gets to the point where its quite distracting. Varies between a groaning noise and almost a high pitched scream. Any ideas?

STooge

I don't think this is the same noise but check the passenger belt. I had a rattle there figured out it was just that the passenger belt had got twisted and was tapping the b pillar

The only time I hear anything out of the ordinary is when I have a window slightly down. A turbulence inside the car somewhere from it. Not sure if it's a seat belt or the flimsy platform over the hatch.

OP
PauleyyC
Thread Starter #11
Im thinking there is something inside the b pillar causing the noise. It almost sounds like a loose screw or clip spinning around and vibrating. Im taking it to the dealer this weekend so I shall find out!

HaveBlue83

Yes i have this exact noise in the ps door. Sounds like a blown tweeter but its not radio related. Towards the dopr jam.

Its either going in or im gonna find it. Its loud and constant

Yes i have this exact noise in the ps door. Sounds like a blown tweeter but its not radio related. Towards the dopr jam.

Its either going in or im gonna find it. Its loud and constant
If you do head to the dealer to get this checked out, please let me know, and then message me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Don't know about your noise but I've got a rattle in my headliner that is driving me nucking futz. Any rough spot in the road gets it going.

Don't know about your noise but I've got a rattle in my headliner that is driving me nucking futz. Any rough spot in the road gets it going.
Are you planning on taking your FiST to your dealer to have this checked out, McSwine?

Meagan

I guess I will at some point but I was hoping someone else had the same noise and could tell me how to fix it.
When you have an appointment set up, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I can look into some additional assistance.

Meagan

HaveBlue83

If you do head to the dealer to get this checked out, please let me know, and then message me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Hello Meagen, the sound subsided for now. I had run my Amplifier wire down that side panel and im wondering if maybe a clip isnt all the way into its slot. If it comes back and i am able to find the source of the noise and it's coming from a place i didn't even access, i will definitely let you know.

When you have an appointment set up, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I can look into some additional assistance.

Meagan
Thanks Meagan. That's nice of you to offer and I appreciate it.