Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Factory Oil Fill?

Just want to confirm what Ford puts into the ST when they build the car. I know it is 5w20, but is it a full synthetic or semi synthetic?

The reason I ask is that I am about to drop the original fill oil and want to know what I should fill with during the break in process.

Conventional wisdom is that you don't want a full synthetic during the break in process. If the car comes with full synthetic from the factory then I am not sure I would go with semi-synthetic.

Thoughts?

Ford says it's semi-synth, but anyone who has drained it in to a clear jar knows it's green, proving they drain the blood of Unicorns and put it in to the oil at the factory.

Just want to confirm what Ford puts into the ST when they build the car. I know it is 5w20, but is it a full synthetic or semi synthetic?

The reason I ask is that I am about to drop the original fill oil and want to know what I should fill with during the break in process.

Conventional wisdom is that you don't want a full synthetic during the break in process. If the car comes with full synthetic from the factory then I am not sure I would go with semi-synthetic.

Thoughts?
Everything I have read leads me to believe factory fill was semi syn. I bought my car at 3000km and had them do another semi-syn oil change, and now at 8000km I am switching to full syn.

I was actually in Sherwood Ford this week to pick up filters/oil, they did not have any Motorcraft Full Syn in stock so the clerk sold me Mobil 1 stating 'Motorcraft is re branded Mobil 1". I was planning on running mobil 1 regardless, but not sure if the clerk was accurate or not.

Ford's oils are a proprietary blend designed by Ford and ConocoPhillips. It's not Mobil one and the Virgin oil tests show that.

Ford's oils are a proprietary blend designed by Ford and ConocoPhillips. It's not Mobil one and the Virgin oil tests show that.
+1. Motorcraft oils are all private label manufactured for Ford based on Ford's spec. The manufacturer may vary based on region but I don't think Exxon is one In Canada, the manufacturer is Petro Canada.