Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Longevity concerns

I was curious to see how long some of have been tuned for and if you have noticed any real negative side effects.
Thanks alot ahead of time for your responses

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
My car was first tuned around 700 or so miles if I recall and just clicked past 9100 on its way there it's been stage 1-3 on E85 to E30 tuned and now DHM GTX Big turbo tuned . Only thing needing attention are the front inner fender liners showing wear from non stock tires and too low a drop for track days because racecar .. Not a ton of miles but it has seen some active use .. Worst thing is the salt it saw in its first and only winter really shows you quick on the non painted parts..

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I've only had my car for a few months. Been tuned on stage 1 since 700 miles. Now have just under 3,000. I know it's still basically brand new, but all is good.

My 2015 FIST was purchased with about 60 miles on it. I got an AccessPort the first week I had it. We were tuned on 91 by 2000 miles. By 3000 miles I was running an e30 tune and have not taken it off it since. The car is now at 16,000 miles and running strong. No issues to report.

Also... DMH setup is on its way.

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #5
Cool thats great to hear i will be getting my accessport around dec. Pretty excited just brain doing its second thought things

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Tuned since 500 miles. Currently at about 18,000. I have hundreds of datalogs on a few different set ups: stage 0, stage 1, stage 1.5, 2, 3, 4.... I've had two intercoolers, two down pipes, two cat backs...
Ive pulled the turbo three times, and I've pulled the down pipe maybe six or seven. On my second set of wheels. I've had three different intake sets up and I've been in and out of there, removing the cowl/wipers/headlights more times than I can count. I've taken the bumper off at least three times... I've been to the strip only once, but I've driven the half-mile drag at least 20 times. Yes, that's WOT for an entire half mile. And that's the day AFTER driving 700 miles to an event, with the tail end being 100 or so in the mountains.

My car has seen many moments at 100+ mph. I'd wager more most here with the exception of RaamAudio, RodMoe, SourSkittle, JPGC, Dyn085, and DHM. There are only a few others I'm sure, not more than a handful.

Hope that helps.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I've been tuned for the last 5k miles and my general opinion of the engine is that it's plenty robust. I've combed over hundreds of datalogs from both mine and other members' FiST's, and after contrasting them against hundreds of my own FoST logs I'm pretty confident that the FiST will have significantly fewer problems. By this time in the FoST community they had already established a Blown Motor Resource thread with multiple entries. Use good fuel and oil and, as of right now, I wouldn't worry about it a bit.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have been tuned for about 16-17k miles, using various stages of tunes...including my own testing. I run my Freektune 90 percent of the time with about half of that time on E30. I have done hundreds of pulls for either datalogging, racing, parts testing, or just case, lol. I also spend a decent amount of time in stop-n-go traffic (1hr + daily) as I daily drive this car. I'm currently over 21k miles with the only thing that I've HAD to replace on the car due to wear is the tires. The stockers wear out quickly...at least in my case, lol.

SFP

I bought my 2015 with 2 miles on it in Sep 2014, since then its seen 23000 glorious miles at speeds above 100 daily. Usually a good 130ish run later at night as well at least 3-4 times a week. Its currently running a stage 1 map and peaks most times at 22.8 Lbs. During the dry winter days I ran the stage 2 map and beat on the car pretty good. Its been tuned since around 5k with no ill effects.

Don't fear the mods :) Mine will be on STG 2 regularly after I get the DHM IC installed.

If you're worried about longevity issues while tuning, then you should just forgo modifying all together. Just for easing your mind.

I know this isn't my thread but this is awesome to hear from everyone. As my first car I want/can mod I am excited to hear that no one has experienced problems while tuning their FiST. Really looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this car and putting personal touches on it to build it how I want it. Now I just need to wait for it to come back from the shop after a guy hit my passenger door 5 days of ownership in! lol

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #13
If you're worried about longevity issues while tuning, then you should just forgo modifying all together. Just for easing your mind.
If ask a question its cause im looking for knowledge.. i am not worried about it, merely asking for everyones input. I am an ASE master cert tech and pretty close to being a GM world class and have been modifying cars since i could drive. The single most important thing when modding cars is knowledge on the vehicle itself. So if you dont have any real input there is no reason to really say much of anything.

As for everyone else once again thanks for your input.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I was stage 1 OTS tuned for 23,000 miles. No issues with the tune at all. Now I am in the process of getting an e-tune through MAPerformance for my new Cobb stage 3 set-up.

I just passed 34k miles. Had a Cobb AP within a month of purchasing. Later on a bespoke tune from Randy then the OTS stage 3. Just got done with my 91 e-tune with Adam @ MAPerformance, which is awesome. Getting my e30 tune done now. BTW E30 is crazy! But never had a problem.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I just passed 34k miles. Had a Cobb AP within a month of purchasing. Later on a bespoke tune from Randy then the OTS stage 3. Just got done with my 91 e-tune with Adam @ MAPerformance, which is awesome. Getting my e30 tune done now. BTW E30 is crazy! But never had a problem.
I'm going through the process of an e-tune through Adam @ MAPerformance as well. <in best Borat voiceover>: It's niiiice... very niiiice! lol

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm at 34k miles. I have around 1100-1200 datalog pulls ranging from single gear 3 gear pulls, to 7 minute long time attack style logs, to 4th gear pulls, to topend pulls with power ranging from 187whp to 286whp with fuels ranging from E10 93oct to E30 to E40 to E50 to E40 with meth to E50 with meth. Boost ranging from 19psi to 29.4psi.

I've broken one motor mount bolt, which likely lead to a broken passenger CV axle later. Both at the drag strip with hard launches.

Besides that? It eats consumables at a fast rate. 3rd set of front tires. Destroys brake pads. Likely going to need brake fluid often because the nature of the stability control.

Also took it to the dragon with 2200 miles on it for the weekend on factory fill oil, and changed it at 5k miles, lol.

I'm not saying its as tuff as an srt4, but its damn good. I wouldn't lose sleep at all with this car under normal or heavy use.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I have a rattle in the back hatch somewhere :) Fully bolted on Panda tuned, no problems here so far at 30k miles

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
At 35k+ miles and been through stg 1-3 Cobb and now custom tune on 93 with SourSkittles Cyborg. AP was added first month of owning. only real pain in the ass is the hose blowing off the turbo outlet constantly. New hairspray mod will fix this i hope.