Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed External Wastegate Manifold

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
DHM uses a different pattern, which lends to the torque it produces. Also, there's only so much room to work with so things are bound to be similar lol.

I have the pumpaspeed 'quickspool' header and I am about to have it converted to externally gated as well, I am putting my back downstream into the downpipe though. DHM is doing the fab work for me, and told me its not how he would prefer the runner layout but it didn't try to sell me a new header so it can't be so bad. It's not large gains but I do have logs with the header and with manifold and everything else the same, its not large gains but the spool and power is a little bit better than vs the stock manifold.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The primaries look a lil smaller too
Collector looks a little smaller, as well. Seems like Pumaspeed was aching to maintain that low-end spool. Probably doesn't support the top end power/mid range tq like DHM does though... Nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks (get it? Lol).

Siestarider

I have the pumpaspeed 'quickspool' header and I am about to have it converted to externally gated as well, I am putting my back downstream into the downpipe though. DHM is doing the fab work for me, and told me its not how he would prefer the runner layout but it didn't try to sell me a new header so it can't be so bad. It's not large gains but I do have logs with the header and with manifold and everything else the same, its not large gains but the spool and power is a little bit better than vs the stock manifold.
As I understand it, the puma manifold fits stock turbo location so all plumbing around it can remain stock too, DHM manifold changes stock turbo location?

Also, puma claims 15 hp gains with mountune 215 tune package, only change is from stock exhaust log to puma header, I assume your datalogs do not show that? Are you keeping the stock turbo? Thanks

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm putting it out there first... I think everyone is going to be surprised with the results from external gates from the research I'm done. Looks like the stock turbo manifolds are gonna benifit the most, but... Its a worth while invesetment for anyone.

As I understand it, the puma manifold fits stock turbo location so all plumbing around it can remain stock too, DHM manifold changes stock turbo location?

Also, puma claims 15 hp gains with mountune 215 tune package, only change is from stock exhaust log to puma header, I assume your datalogs do not show that? Are you keeping the stock turbo? Thanks
Yes puma is stock fitting, although they also sell it with a vband. I have tried to keep all stock fitting parts so I can swap parts around easily for testing etc. The DHM is only designed to fit the turbo in the kit it comes with, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a stock fitting one for sale from at some point. I am having spool issues un-related to the mani/header so my results are hard to take as the word but from what I seen as is I wouldn't be comfortable saying more than +10whp and 200rpm earlier spool (and this is on my non stock turbo, again different).

Keeping the stock turbo as in did I upgrade it, or am I going to sell it? I have a different turbo and I think I will be putting the stock one up for sale.

Siestarider

Yes puma is stock fitting, although they also sell it with a vband. I have tried to keep all stock fitting parts so I can swap parts around easily for testing etc. The DHM is only designed to fit the turbo in the kit it comes with, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a stock fitting one for sale from at some point. I am having spool issues un-related to the mani/header so my results are hard to take as the word but from what I seen as is I wouldn't be comfortable saying more than +10whp and 200rpm earlier spool (and this is on my non stock turbo, again different).

Keeping the stock turbo as in did I upgrade it, or am I going to sell it? I have a different turbo and I think I will be putting the stock one up for sale.
10-4, thanks. I plan on more hp as soon as I can drive what I already have to its potential. Seat time on track comes first, but I like thinking about the next most useful mod.