Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E85 mix example

Screenshot_2015-08-20-16-51-39.png Screenshot_2015-08-20-16-23-35.png

There have been some confusion on how much to E85 to mix with 93 and 91 octane.. this should give you some idea how much you need for E30..

Adam [MENTION=3178]maperformance[/MENTION] has made some awesome power, have him hook you up with an e-tune for max performance... :)

Will 37% be too much ethanol for long term reliability? Or is that within the range that my engine will accept?

OP
Dustys318
Thread Starter #3
There are a few of us that are running E40 blends for the track but E30 seems best for overall, day-to-day drivability... I've been using an E30 for almost 20k miles now, no issues, no knock (which is important in this high heat of El Paso), and clean, no spots spark plugs...

koozy

3000 Post Club
I fill up with an e65 blend and switch maps to accommodate that blend. I start out with e65 with a map, so that I can extend my use running with an ethanol blend per tank. At about half tank I'll fill up with regular gas where e85 is not available bringing my blend to about e40. I then switch maps to accommodate that blend. I also have an ethanol content analyzer for accuracy in determining the content's absolute mixture, so I can switch and run the appropriate map. At some point I'll probably fill up with straight e85, but not tuned for all out power, just tuned to be able to run on it.

IMG_0802.jpg

OP
Dustys318
Thread Starter #5
I fill up with an e65 blend and switch maps to accommodate that blend. I start out with e65 with a map, so that I can extend my use running with an ethanol blend per tank. At about half tank I'll fill up with regular gas where e85 is not available bringing my blend to about e40. I then switch maps to accommodate that blend. I also have an ethanol content analyzer for accuracy in determining the content's absolute mixture, so I can switch and run the appropriate map. At some point I'll probably fill up with straight e85, but not tuned for all out power, just tuned to be able to run on it.

View attachment 6410
Speak more of this analyzer that you have. Do you have an install/build linky doing this? Where did you buy this? (I need this for my cyborg)