Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question on fitment

I'm really digging on a set of XXR 550 (in before XXR is garbage). They're 16x8 +21 offset which is fine, but they're 4x100 which means I need a 20mm adapter. I'm looking to use some 205/45r16 tires. Willtheyfit says the poke will be 110 mm vs 41mm stock. Will these fit on a stock suspension? Will the increased poke basically destroy the drive?

ummm, just go outside and measure 60mm from the face of your wheel now to see where the new one will be... surprise!

After the adapter your wheel is going to be +1 offset. That's going to poke a LOT...

For the $340 or so you'll pay for adapters plus the cost of the xxrs you might be better of buying a quality wheel that's already 4x108.. or have your hubs redrilled.

Even before adapters they'll poke about 1.5" more than the factory wheels.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #6
After the adapter your wheel is going to be +1 offset. That's going to poke a LOT...

For the $340 or so you'll pay for adapters plus the cost of the xxrs you might be better of buying a quality wheel that's already 4x108.. or have your hubs redrilled.

Even before adapters they'll poke about 1.5" more than the factory wheels.
The adapters are 80 bucks and the wheels with shipping are 430 bucks. Plus, I though you added the spacer to the offset, and not subtracted?

The lower the offset the further the wheels are going to stick out. So if your wheels are originally et21 then you add a 20mm adapter they will essentially be an et01.

$80 for 4 adapters seems crazy cheap.. Are they hub centric? It's not ideal to have the entire weight of your car on the lug studs. I've had good luck with adaptec adapters but they're not cheap.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #8
The lower the offset the further the wheels are going to stick out. So if your wheels are originally et21 then you add a 20mm adapter they will essentially be an et01.

$80 for 4 adapters seems crazy cheap.. Are they hub centric? It's not ideal to have the entire weight of your car on the lug studs. I've had good luck with adaptec adapters but they're not cheap.
Adapters vary in price depending on bolt pattern. 4x108 to 4x100 costs 80 bucks. 4x108 to 5x100 costs 300 bucks. What's funny is I even used the +1 offset 8n willtheyfit, so how the hell I reversed it here is beyond me.

shit happens lol..

But yea, for $80 idk if i'd trust those adapters.

Make sure they're both hub and wheel centric before buying (meaning they have the appropriate id to fit over the hub on the car and have the appropriate od to fit into the bore of the wheel).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
They should be billet, not cast, 6061 aluminum, high grade studs and as mentioned hub centric or should not be used at all.

Also you would want a +40 or so wheel at least so you end up at +20 offset and that is still not good but not many wheels in higher offsets than that.

If you want a flush look then consider wider wheels with the closest to stock offset change front and rear side of the wheel you can get.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #11
They should be billet, not cast, 6061 aluminum, high grade studs and as mentioned hub centric or should not be used at all.

Also you would want a +40 or so wheel at least so you end up at +20 offset and that is still not good but not many wheels in higher offsets than that.

If you want a flush look then consider wider wheels with the closest to stock offset change front and rear side of the wheel you can get.
These were concave wheels so even without the adapter, they'd still have poked a bit at 16x8. The problem is this damn 4x108 bolt pattern. I want flush ot slight poke, with either the dish or concave.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #13
Something like this?

Notice: Huge effort to fit in the rear, front was not to tough.

Those look good but they're not what I'm looking for. I'm digging these but they're 800 bucks with shipping. Gotta save my lunch money.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I don't think you will find a wheel in that style that will fit this car properly but if you can and what you want then go for it though I will always advise against going in a direction that detracts from how incredible this car is.

Probably know this already but they are likely quite heavy which will make the car slower in all aspects if they are and harder on wheel bearings, bushings, pickup points on the chassis.

Though my wheels are concave, black, etc...that had little to do with the decision to use them, it was for performance as super low weight, very strong, support the tires the best and a dang good price. I bought 10 of them for $1240 shipped but I had already done all the work to make a different wheel fit with the same specs as these.

They just happen to look great on the car and are of a style that fits the era of the car, I posted the pictures so you could see what can be done and enhance performance while doing so.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #15
I don't think you will find a wheel in that style that will fit this car properly but if you can and what you want then go for it though I will always advise against going in a direction that detracts from how incredible this car is.

Probably know this already but they are likely quite heavy which will make the car slower in all aspects if they are and harder on wheel bearings, bushings, pickup points on the chassis.

Though my wheels are concave, black, etc...that had little to do with the decision to use them, it was for performance as super low weight, very strong, support the tires the best and a dang good price. I bought 10 of them for $1240 shipped but I had already done all the work to make a different wheel fit with the same specs as these.

They just happen to look great on the car and are of a style that fits the era of the car, I posted the pictures so you could see what can be done and enhance performance while doing so.
They're 18lbs. 16x8 20 offset 4x108

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Not a bad weight, not great but certainly decent and lighter than the stock wheels:)

I wanted to run 16x8 for street tires but nothing even in 4x100 would fit my needs without costing a small fortune and

Pretty sure you would have to do the 4x100 conversion to fit them under the fenders which can be pretty cost effective done some ways as not likely a spacer and that offset would fit under the fenders and as mentioned not a good thing to have zero offset anyway.

The brake rotors do not have to be machined as they are hub centric, you can drill them on a drill press or with a decent hand drill if you mark, punch, pilot hole first(not always needed but helps keep the holes where you want them and easier on bits to step up a few times.)

Hubs, good idea to have a machine shop do them or gun runner on the site here.

Good think about this, lots of 4x100 wheels to pick from if you ever want to change:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Another thought. I have only seen this being something that could be done a few times, some wheels have extra deep sockets so a bit can be shaved off the mounting surface and make the offset closer to what fits better.

There is a 16x8 in 4x100, +38mm offset, great quality as roll formed, a bit more money but found them on sale at $219 each.

No spacer needed that adds weight and can reduce strength and mess with the suspension geometry.

I have had them on several cars and loved them but not likely to fit over my BBKs, Enkei RPF1.

Not concave though:(

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #19
Not a bad weight, not great but certainly decent and lighter than the stock wheels:)

I wanted to run 16x8 for street tires but nothing even in 4x100 would fit my needs without costing a small fortune and

Pretty sure you would have to do the 4x100 conversion to fit them under the fenders which can be pretty cost effective done some ways as not likely a spacer and that offset would fit under the fenders and as mentioned not a good thing to have zero offset anyway.

The brake rotors do not have to be machined as they are hub centric, you can drill them on a drill press or with a decent hand drill if you mark, punch, pilot hole first(not always needed but helps keep the holes where you want them and easier on bits to step up a few times.)

Hubs, good idea to have a machine shop do them or gun runner on the site here.

Good think about this, lots of 4x100 wheels to pick from if you ever want to change:)
The manufacturer will drill the wheels to 4x108 so I don't need an adapter.

OP
TheGreenOne
Thread Starter #20
I think rpf1's would look great.
Not a fan. I love me some good mesh wheels on a hatchback. A few 5 spokes also stick out.

Namely Motegi Traklites

and Rota Slipstreams are decent.

The wheels that this thread was about are XXR 550

but I'd have to get the hub drilled and the cost is just unfeasible to fit 400 dollar wheels. If I were buying the traklites for 700 a piece, then I could see the added cost of drilling the hubs. As it stands, traklites DO come in 4x108, and the cost.....is 700 a wheel.