Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone do both AutoX AND RallyX?

Thinking (maybe more like dreaming) of trying to do both autoX and rallyX in the FiST. Since I'll probably end up getting a new set of wheels for all the crossing, I was curious as to whether anyone's ever tried having a setup with 2 rallyX-dedicated wheels and 2 autoX wheels.

Right now I'm pondering a set of Team Dynamics Pro Rally 1 in 15x7, then put 2 rallyX specific tires on 2 of the wheels, and 2 tires on autoX specific wheels. To run autoX, I'd have the 2 autoX specific wheels in front and two daily driver wheels in rear, then for rallyX do the 2 rallyX specific wheels and the 2 autoX specific wheels. Lots of wheel swapping antics. Definitely still need to get a bunch of bits for rallyX still, like a skid plate and mud flaps and the mental capacity to allow for pain/body damage.

I feel like this is definitely a "jack of all trades, master of none" scenario, and maybe even a "jack of no trades" situation... Thoughts?

GAbOS

A friend of mind does both as well as NASA Am. Rally and you would be amazed at how often rallyx can break/bend stuff, like wheels and tires. It's much smarter to take advantage of a true 4 corner setup and run dedicated. Heavier, sturdier wheels for rallyx with some cheap winter tires. I hear Firestone Winterforce are great due to the knobby nature. If you plan to keep the stock brakes, then you can go 15" wheels, making it lighter and cheaper as well.