Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parts order advice/ opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
What's up Everyone!!! First off, I, at times, can be a little impatient when I order parts, lol. I feel that, when I place an order with a vendor or business, I should be informed of any transaction, shipping, delay, etc in a timely manner. Here is my concern and question to you all. I placed an order of over $1100 (Fiesta ST parts) with a unnamed business ( they are a vendor here) 6 days ago. I immediately received an automatic email showing the purchases. Since then, no updates or responses from them. I have messaged them and called. The phone rang with no answer or recording. I checked my credit card account and they have charged the amount paid. Now, I don't mind waiting as long as I'm informed of a possible delay or back order, but to get no update, I'm getting quite annoyed and concerned.
Am I being overly impatient or rightfully concerned? What say you?

FocusMike

Have you tried emailing or PM? Wait until Monday, if still no response I would consider outing them. I would be scared too if I spent that much money and received no response.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have sent them a message through their contact link/ email on their site. No response, yet.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I'd be concerned because of the lack of communication and already being charged, that's a nice chunk of change. It would help to let the community here know who that vendor is. This type of business conduct is unacceptable. I'd contact the credit card company and let them know what's up, so it's on record.

When i ordered my 2J cowl intake, i was charged that day. I waited two weeks before i called to check in. They said it would be another two weeks before shipping. They were spot on. But, i was in no hurry. I say be patient.

I would be very concerned and would most definitely contact the credit card company. Most reputable companies will not charge your card until the product is ready to ship.

I'm always hesitant with ordering stuff from vendors that arnt a "large" company. Back when I had my jeep I ordered a set of bumpers for over $1600. The guy ended up taking a bunch of orders and keeping the money. I paid with paypal...filed a dispute and won. Unfortunately the guy emptied his accounts and paypal could not recover the money. I called my CC company (american express) and they said it was out of the time frame to recover money. I explained it was a custom built product that would have taken months to complete, they accepted that and took the money from paypal who ended up taking the loss. Lesson learned to always use a credit card to purchase.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
There are a few vendors on here who aren't very responsive, don't seem to care that much, or just keep putting you off saying they're busy. Some will say it's high quality they don't mind waiting but that's a bunch of BS...... If I were you I would call and try to reach out again. If no answer then request a refund and let us know. Don't let people play around with your money.

Slightly off topic, but associated depending on outcome:

If vendors behave this way, why are they allowed to advertise or remain members on this forum?

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Update: The vendor who was the subject of this thread has contacted me and made it right. Parts are in route and I am happy. Thanks everyone who replied for the advice and input.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I'm not going to announce their name and have them blasted here since they did contact me directly and made the situation right.

Status
Not open for further replies.