Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hopefully Boomba releases this aux fuel option soon

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I think we all know that's a subliminal message aimed at Stratified.
Promoting the parts that don't exist yet just because of who makes the parts that do, lol. Doesn't even own a FiST...lol.

More of the same here, moving along.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
No I dont own one but I've modified them and done more work on them than you ever will. Installing the second BT this weekend. Read the first post on the link, guys with common sense know a TB injection is no Bueno. LOL

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Watch out, we got a badass over here.

LOL, there are lots of people using TB injection that aren't blowing their manifolds to pieces. We get it, you don't like Stratified or DHM.

Edit: And of course you'll work on more Fiesta's than I will-I'm an aircraft mechanic, not a car mechanic. [giddy]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
No I dont own one but I've modified them and done more work on them than you ever will. Installing the second BT this weekend. Read the first post on the link, guys with common sense know a TB injection is no Bueno. LOL
Ooh! I don't tune my own car, or manufacture my own parts, but I'm on my third tuner. I'm also on my third intercooler, and third turbo set up, third downpipe. I've also been through three intake set ups. I've also guinea pigged to bring a few companies items to the market. I mean, there's a company out there who's Fiesta tuning strategy/knowledge is based on my car... Does any of that count?

I'll be clear... What I really want to say is good for you.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

LOL, there are lots of people using TB injection that aren't blowing their manifolds to pieces. We get it, you don't like Stratified or DHM.

Edit: And of course you'll work on more Fiesta's than I will-I'm an aircraft mechanic, not a car mechanic. [giddy]

I'm the owner of said second big turbo. [MENTION=3244]STeve[/MENTION] has helped with my Fiesta build a ton and is extremely knowledgeable about ecoboost cars. I personally have seen his 400+ whp, port injected big turbo FoST in action. His credibility is real. He may not be forum famous but his stuff works and has not blown up a manifold.

I would definitely buy this set up over the throttle plate injection all day everyday. Our manifold is not designed to have fuel travelling through it. Any mechanic will tell you it's a bad idea. The fuel will puddle and the manifold will explode. (I did this with a wet nitrous shot on a mustang back in that day) The safest way to add fuel IMHO is port injection but, what do I know ? I'm just a professional automotive technician.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So, this may be a dumb question, but it's a legit one that I have... It's been said that the reason there is pooling is because the controller can't cut off fast enough... If so, wouldn't there still be fuel pooling? Are the port injections set up with some kind of lip that prevents that extra bit of fuel from getting down into the plastic manifold? I guess the question I'm really asking is if there is fuel in that area that is ignited by back fire, wouldn't it blow the manifold anyway? If not, why does "port injection" prevent it?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I think there's only one real solution and one more permanent band-aid in this arena:

Upgraded HPFP and injectors or develop a hard manifold, respectively. Maybe even both are, together are a hard solution, rather than a work-around. Because that's what we're discussing...work-arounds. It's pretty much SpongeBob band-aids, vs TMNT band-aids.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11

Never said anything about DHM. I hope they pay you to be a keyboard soldier. Sorry I'm not a mechanic either I build the parts you repair aircraft with. This is where I work designing electrical systems. http://www.woodward.com/

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Yep, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and brains can do anything but we have limits to deal with on both sides of this.

Great question on the puddling issue, to many great micro brews tonight to ponder it and find anything worthy of saying.....

I did have a 5th injector back in 2003 that worked quite well on an ECU car that could not be cracked, had a spare manifold at events, never needed it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
No, DHM does not pay me to be a 'keyboard soldier', nor does any other company or vendor. I guess you have no desire to discuss any of this with anyone other than me in this thread, considering the fact that you only seem capable of responding to me?

Hijinx, you're right-we're just arguing which band-aid is better. Ultimately, it only masks the actual wound that needs attention.

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
No, DHM does not pay me to be a 'keyboard soldier', nor does any other company or vendor. I guess you have no desire to discuss any of this with anyone other than me in this thread, considering the fact that you only seem capable of responding to me?

Hijinx, you're right-we're just arguing which band-aid is better. Ultimately, it only masks the actual wound that needs attention.
Why do you keep bring up DHM? Nobody ever said anything or mentioned them.

OP
S
Thread Starter #15
Usually when a 5th port injection is used you pull the signal for rpm from the injector. On the ecoboost this is not possible because of a strange firing sequence Ford has in the ECU. It doesn't keep a solid RPM so the coils have to be used for the RPM signal. The problem with that is when you let off the throttle the coils still send a signal and the controller doesn't stop instantly. The injector signal would instantly cut out. So for a second the fuel is still dumping. Let off the throttle and the car goes into vacuum. Fuel is not going to flow up through the manifold and be ingested. It's really simple actually. I spent a lot of time with Mark from split second working on the issue and it's fixed. I had to build a separate circuit to dissipate the signal however I will not share how its done. It's been installed on all the aux systems I've built.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Usually when a 5th port injection is used you pull the signal for rpm from the injector. On the ecoboost this is not possible because of a strange firing sequence Ford has in the ECU. It doesn't keep a solid RPM so the coils have to be used for the RPM signal. The problem with that is when you let off the throttle the coils still send a signal and the controller doesn't stop instantly. The injector signal would instantly cut out. So for a second the fuel is still dumping. Let off the throttle and the car goes into vacuum. Fuel is not going to flow up through the manifold and be ingested. It's really simple actually. I spent a lot of time with Mark from split second working on the issue and it's fixed. I had to build a separate circuit to dissipate the signal however I will not share how its done. It's been installed on all the aux systems I've built.
Ok... It's cool that you've found a Power Puff Girls band-aid, but you didn't answer any of the questions I have... You just told how to you developed a "circuit" to prevent pooling. To be honest, now that I'm a little more awake, the question remains the same, even with whatever capacitor/resistor circuit you've concocted.

In the event of a backfire, what is preventing the plastic manifold from popping?

Let's look a what a backfire is: Briefly, it's when combustion takes place in the intake, caused by the AFR being too lean. Also, badly tuned timing.

So [MENTION=3244]STeve[/MENTION]... Consider what a backfire is and that it typically happens on acceleration. In the event of a one, if there is MORE fuel than usual at the intake (this includes port injection on DI) what is preventing the intake manifold from exploding?

Also, one more thing to consider: GDI engines tend to have plastic intake manifolds. MPFI are cast, or metal of some sort. I wonder why.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That's explains why boomba was slow on getting back to me on my mpfi project, lol. I hope they finish it up and release some details soon too :)

I'm not on any companies side of this... But TB injection in general is garbage. In my personal experience, fogging in fuel/meth has shown that some cylinders get more flow/fuel than others on my setup.

On the flipside.... Really... How likely is a back-fire on the fist? Seems unlikely to me... My issue is more related to cylinder to cylinder fueling being equal. The cylinder ports are not meant to flow fuel/liquid, the intake manifold is not meant to flow fuel ( obviously ). Hijinx's bandaid comparison was very good :)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm not on any companies side of this... But TB injection in general is garbage. In my personal experience, fogging in fuel/meth has shown that some cylinders get more flow/fuel than others on my setup.

My issue is more related to cylinder to cylinder fueling being equal. The cylinder ports are not meant to flow fuel/liquid, the intake manifold is not meant to flow fuel ( obviously ). Hijinx's bandaid comparison was very good :)
This sums up how I feel about plate injection. Puddling is also something I would be scared of if the controller activates the injector at to low of an rpm. In all seriousness these auxiliary fuel systems really are a band-aid. Someone needs to develop a hpfp already