Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help!!! Fifteen52 Tarmac 17x8

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I don't know much about wheels so excuse my seemingly dumb questions. But how would these clear and/or work on our car? And could you do 42 offset with these? I'm debating between these and Team Dynamics Pro Race 3. Please help!!

Nike-SB-Stefan-Janoski-Digital-Floral-Camo-0939.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Not sure a 8 would fit with a 42 offset but I am no expert. Tarmac are great wheels if you (as mentioned) don't mind the cost.
Team D would be able to make set in the right offset and color for you also I believe if you don't mind the wait .. :)
Both Great choices
maybe MK could photoshop some for you if you provide a pic of the wheels and color car ..

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I know how they both look on my car, I had my brother photoshop them on for me. I just love the look of the fatter spokes on the Tarmacs, but I still like the Pro Race 3. I'll probably end up going with them just because they are cheaper and they're stock size, 17x7.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ok well that's good then you know what they look like. Like I said maybe somebody will chime in the they will fit or how to get them to fit.. I agree they look sweet

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Like I said, I love the Pro Race 3 but I just wanted to see if the Tarmacs are even possible on our cars and if so, how hard would it be. I'm not into difficult mods or something that will take down the performance and every day capability of my car, since it is my daily driver. But damn, those Tarmacs are gorgeous.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
17x8 should fit, this is for the MK6 but you get the idea

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Yeah, I just don't want to spend all this cash on "it should fit." No offense to you obviously, just saying. Think I'm going to get the Pro Race 3s. Still love them, cheaper, I know they fit, and I can use my stock tires until they wear out.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you get a spacer kit then it should be OK but I am not so keen on spacers for a DD though i have used them with stronger longer lug bolts and with the new hubcentric styles they shold be fine .. there is that word should again
Give PCA-1 A holler on the Pro Race 3 they do look sweet too :)
Thinking something like this ??

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'm running 17x8 with 38mm offset on mine and its basically a flush look, so in theory it does fit without any problems. Should I decide to lower it at a later point I'm pretty sure I'll rub.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I'm not doing spacers. I just don't trust all that, I know a lot of people run them with no problems but I just don't want to go that route.

And I already have an order waiting for payment from PC-Autosport. I just wanted to see if 17x8 is possible with no problems.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You're going to be very happy with the TD wheels[biggrin]

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Yeah, that's all I'm hearing. Funds are transferring as we speak.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ya Chalon is a nice guy to work with and I can't wait to get mine and see how they look:) I went to ProRace 1.2 15x8 35mm offset in Anthracite Should be able to get a go kart ride out of it with them and save 10 lbs per wheel over stock.. Hope yours work out as sweet as I hope mine to...

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Quick question. What's the benefits of a smaller wheel? I would have never thought to go all the way down to 15 inch rims. Like I said, I'm new to all of this. And are wider tires always better? Any help would be appreciated.

And Chalon is a great guy and has helped out a ton. And I'll be ordering the Pro Race 3s, just don't know what size now. Due to hearing all this stuff about smaller sizes and wider tires.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well I went to lose unsprung weight which in some circle is claimed to be like for every 1 lb of unsprung weight you remove it = 2 lbs static weight help with acceleration as the wheel and tire are lighter and take less hp or Tq, to turn aka spin up to speed, braking is better cuz less mass to stop and handling is better with less weight to toss around.. I am looking at fitting a sticky summer tire on the wheel something like a 225/45/15 at this point and the diameter of the wheel will only be 1/2 less than stock. Giving me a lower sitting car and I have gotten adjustable BC coilovers to drop it a nice inch or so more to get it low and still be able to handle the bumps in the track. then when i need i raise it up and soften up the ride via the 30 click damper adjustments in the BC shock..
Less weight
lower Cg
proper valving in the shocks and the correct springs for the car and shocks...
little more than you wanted but i hope it helps..
I will be doing a few other things to make the car lighter at the track like smaller battery and taking anything out i don't need :)
But this is just me a diet freak .. (well my car anyways) LOL
RM

C. love

you could easily fit a 17x8 or even 17x8.5. 9 inch might be harder. to be honest when and if i buy wheels i will probably go 17x8.5. go aggressive or go home. i also find it funny people say 300 bucks is expensive for wheels. Maybe i am used to spending too much IDK.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
you could easily fit a 17x8 or even 17x8.5. 9 inch might be harder. to be honest when and if i buy wheels i will probably go 17x8.5. go aggressive or go home. i also find it funny people say 300 bucks is expensive for wheels. Maybe i am used to spending too much IDK.
I'm with you on that. I dont understand the whole "spend $1000+ on wheels" just for stock width and height. I get it if its for auto cross and you want a lighter wheel, but other than that....

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I agree too, with both of you. Just so happens every wheel I like is on the expensive side. Trust me, I don't plan it. Just always seems to happen that, unfortunately for me I guess.

PCA-1

The cast Tarmac is a heavy rally wheel. 27lbs IIRC. As well, it is a gravity cast wheel, which is the equivalent of pouring molten alloy into a mold and letting it dry. This is the cheapest form of wheel manufacturing there is and also makes for the weakest castings as there is nothing but gravity to work out voids (empty spaces) and nothing to tighten up the grain structure.

The casting method used by Team Dynamics is called low pressure casting. In effect, the alloy is poured into the casting under pressure, which minimizes voids and increases grain alignment. Team Dynamics also heat treats the casting, which further assists in eliminating voids and aligning grain structure. This is basically a much stronger wheel when compared to gravity casting. Team Dynamics also shot peens every wheel. This process results in a tight grain formation, forged like layer on the surface of the wheel to prevent micro fractures.

I do not address appearance as it is subjective. IMO the Tarmac is a trendy, heavy, and pricey wheel. It is made somewhere in the far east at low cost. The Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels are tried and true european motorsport designs, manufactured in the UK by a world wide renown wheel manufacturer heavily invested in motorsports. As I have said many times, Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels offer the best bang for the buck in the wheel industry.

Adding a small bit of information. Gravity cast wheels are typically heavier as a necessity for strength. The premium alloy, low pressure cast, heat treated and shot peened manufacturing process used by Team Dynamics allows for a stronger, lighter weight wheel.