Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"FordService" - who are they and what do they do, exactly?

I installed a Cobb RMM the other day and while doing that I noticed a small leak from one of the axle seals, a small leak elsewhere that I couldn't identify, MAYBE the signs of coolant leak (dried brownish liquid on one of the lower coolant hoses - couldn't trace it to a source) and some odd rusty-looking powdery debris that looked like it was being spun off of the passenger side CV boot. We also have the squeaky clutch pedal and just did a Mountune tune. Before I solicit the assistance of "FordService", who is "FordService"? What do they offer to us as board members? What exactly is done with our information (name/VIN) if it is provided and to what extent is our activity on the board included in their recordkeeping and documentation? Is there some connection between Ford and the board administration? Just trying to understand the FULL extent of their involvement here? Hoping for specifics, not just "we communicate for you" and that's it.

All this on a car with 7000 miles on it, mind you, and driven very lightly by my wife.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I didn't even go to them until my local dealer wouldn't return my calls and was getting to be unhelpful.

What they did for me was forward my info to the local regional service manager, who then in turn got things rolling. My car is scheduled to go in on Monday for repairs after waiting almost 2 months. I contacted fordservice on here about 10 days ago.

What they do with our info? I think it makes it easier to find your service history.
Do they document what we say here on the forum? I don't believe so but can't say for certain

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Basically, FordService are Ford employees that monitor internet communications (forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for issues that customers are having problems getting resolution for. They take your information and pass it on to regional managers for further scrutiny, and this can help to ensure that service departments are doing what they should be doing for Ford customers. They basically take a problem that may not be getting seen past 'x' and forward it to 'y' for more of a top-down approach.

FordService is a valuable asset on other forums that I admin and have helped many members get resolution from dealerships that may not have been doing as much as they could have been doing for the customer. They have the power to make the problem visible at a management level that may not be aware a problem that exists. If your car has legitimate issues and you don't feel like you're getting the attention from your dealership that you should be then definitely consider escalating it through them.

I installed a Cobb RMM the other day and while doing that I noticed a small leak from one of the axle seals, a small leak elsewhere that I couldn't identify, MAYBE the signs of coolant leak (dried brownish liquid on one of the lower coolant hoses - couldn't trace it to a source) and some odd rusty-looking powdery debris that looked like it was being spun off of the passenger side CV boot. We also have the squeaky clutch pedal and just did a Mountune tune. Before I solicit the assistance of "FordService", who is "FordService"? What do they offer to us as board members? What exactly is done with our information (name/VIN) if it is provided and to what extent is our activity on the board included in their recordkeeping and documentation? Is there some connection between Ford and the board administration? Just trying to understand the FULL extent of their involvement here? Hoping for specifics, not just "we communicate for you" and that's it.

All this on a car with 7000 miles on it, mind you, and driven very lightly by my wife.
Hey Joe Schmoe,

I'm able to look this over, and review some resources on my end to see how I can assist. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. What I use your name and VIN for is to find your contact file in my system, and if needed, to create a case.

Nick

JasonHaven

I was going to run a Vehicle Health Report this morning, then realized tune data might get sent to Ford and my warranty voided or something :p

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
Some more info on "FordService": http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Page...Initiative Aims to ‘Save’ Ford Customers.aspx

The company contracted to do the work: http://www.percepta.com/

And their Glassdoor reviews lol: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Percepta-Reviews-E23368.htm

Given that, I guess we should thank the employees representing Ford here for having to put up with such an environment for our benefit. We should also be thankful it hasn't been outsourced to another country too - everybody loses with that. From someone who works in a similar environment (which is the source of my questions), THANKS guys and gals!

I'm still concerned with the way our information is documented and collated, since how it's managed is completely in Ford management's hands. I would advise against associating your screen name with your real name if you have mentioned having any kind of potentially warranty-affecting mods here.

JasonHaven

I will say, with how viral social media is, I have to imagine a social media based support has to be top notch, and low on controversy, compared to local/phone support. Get bad support from 'FordService' suddenly its all over Twitter and forums, and the what not. So the optimistic view might be that a social media based support might be more willing to work with modded cars than local only support.

Was told by the dealer when I bought that if I mod without Ford approval warranty would be nul and void.So I don't mod.

JasonHaven

My understanding is that they can't just nullify a warranty if you mod at all. They have to prove your mod caused the malfunction.

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
My understanding is that they can't just nullify a warranty if you mod at all. They have to prove your mod caused the malfunction.
He's in Canada, so the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act wont apply: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act . Not sure if Canada has an equivalent.

The way I look at it, as long as we keep hearing stories of Ford being unreasonably silly regarding seemingly legitimate warranty repairs and mods, I'm going to be silly about hiding my identity. I'm big on integrity...I'm not going to try to fool them into fixing something I broke, but I'm also not going to enable them to screw me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
He's in Canada, so the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act wont apply: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act . Not sure if Canada has an equivalent.

The way I look at it, as long as we keep hearing stories of Ford being unreasonably silly regarding seemingly legitimate warranty repairs and mods, I'm going to be silly about hiding my identity. I'm big on integrity...I'm not going to try to fool them into fixing something I broke, but I'm also not going to enable them to screw me.
So we can mod a vehicle beyond factory spec and not get into trouble? I was told anything past factory spec is voidable. This is all news to me.

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
I'm not a lawyer, but the my understanding is that they have to show a correlation between your mod and the failed part. There isn't just a blanket warranty denial, to the best of my knowledge. They'd like you to THINK that.

If your engine grenades for no good reason they don't get to blame the chrome wheels you installed and deny your warranty repair. If your wheel bearings fail prematurely they COULD say your heavy a$$ wheels are to blame....heck, they'd probably be right in that case. Run an Access Port and blow the engine? No warranty coverage for the repairs. It wouldn't void the whole warranty.

Disclaimer: this is the internet and I'm not a lawyer. I don't claim to know the warranty word for word and I don't claim to know legal statutes and precedents.

JasonHaven

Ah cool, when I responded I was on mobile, doesn't show people's locations. Sorry about that :)

And yeah as far as the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act... I figure the dealers will push it as much as possible... but lets say you put an intercooler on your car, it shouldn't remove the warranty on a light fixture shorting in your cabin or something. But knowing dealers, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried hah. I agree that I don't want to enable Ford to screw me, but I have a feeling corporate has more of an interest in being helpful than a dealer does. I guess we'll never have an answer to that though. I won't be giving FordService any of my info until I'm deep in some problem that the dealer is being a dick about.

Hey guys,

Aftermarket parts will not automatically void your warranty. However, should the aftermarket part fail, or cause a Ford Part to fail, that specific repair will not be covered.

Nick