Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

M2-Motoring fender flare interest/possible group buy!

Hi all.

I know it's been a while since I've had any sort of update on this and I do apologize. Life's been crazy busy the past year and a half, but I'm back on the horse and back to all things cars =). Wanted to ask, but would any of you still be interested in this setup? I have the access and means of manufacturing this part now and wanted to gather interest before moving forward. The flares are 1" flares and will be made of fiberglass. Fitment will be corrected from the prototypes and fit much better after it's done. We're also looking into developing a production piece for the front lip as well. MSRP for the flares would be $600 and we would be introducing a great group buy deal for everyone.

Thoughts?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm interested as I definitely need some flares at this point to accommodate my beefy wheels and tires.

Yes, much interest. Please go forward to fully develop the flares and front lip. Please remember light weight and "perfect" fitment!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have fit 225/45/15 Hoosier R6 tires which are probably 240mm wide under the fronts on 15x9 +35mm wide wheels, 2mm spacers to clear the coilovers, rolled and pulled fenders. They would not fit under the rears but 225 RA1 and Rival S fit fine back there. I am considering the very well priced 245/40/15 Maxxis RC-1 track tires for the front and 225 rears, more front to handle the power better.

If a car is built to just look at, cruise around, autocross, etc...then flares that do not cover the fronts of the tires or at least partly so are fine.

For those building dual purpose or pure race cars covering them is a pretty serious issue and better yet made to integrated into the splitter design, style and full performance benefits that way.

One more point for whomever is looking into flares make sure to read the rule books for any class you are building the car to fit into to ensure the flares would be legal.

C. love

I have fit 225/45/15 Hoosier R6 tires which are probably 240mm wide under the fronts on 15x9 +35mm wide wheels, 2mm spacers to clear the coilovers, rolled and pulled fenders. They would not fit under the rears but 225 RA1 and Rival S fit fine back there. I am considering the very well priced 245/40/15 Maxxis RC-1 track tires for the front and 225 rears, more front to handle the power better.

If a car is built to just look at, cruise around, autocross, etc...then flares that do not cover the fronts of the tires or at least partly so are fine.

For those building dual purpose or pure race cars covering them is a pretty serious issue and better yet made to integrated into the splitter design, style and full performance benefits that way.

One more point for whomever is looking into flares make sure to read the rule books for any class you are building the car to fit into to ensure the flares would be legal.

good points but still makes me ...

Fender wise right now I might be in

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
Here's an update everyone.

The Fiesta ST will be making it's way down to socal this weekend and begin the final fitment adjustment process and mold making. Once that is finished it's roughly 8-10 weeks out on the first batch of production pieces. =) can't wait!

This might be premature but would you be offering the two pieces pre-painted in factory colors?

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
This might be premature but would you be offering the two pieces pre-painted in factory colors?
Actually it's a 6 pc fender flare kit. one flare for each fender, and 2 door cap pieces. As for pre-painting the factory colors, We are considering it, but our biggest concern is the paint matching to your actual vehicle as every part of the country goes through a different climate and paint wears and fades accordingly.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Would love to see the car tomorrow at the Purist Winter Drive at Santa Anita, 10-4pm December 5th

I'll be on display and there'll be a Fiesta GRC Lites car, a Mercedes CLK-GTR, a LaFerrari, RWB Porsches and more... would be a great place to make a splash :)

OP
M
Thread Starter #19
Would love to see the car tomorrow at the Purist Winter Drive at Santa Anita, 10-4pm December 5th

I'll be on display and there'll be a Fiesta GRC Lites car, a Mercedes CLK-GTR, a LaFerrari, RWB Porsches and more... would be a great place to make a splash :)

I'll be dropping by for a bit actually lol.

just a fore warning the flares aren't quite looking it's best. the clearcoat is yellowing for some reason on just the flares and it's pretty obvious LOL. the rest of the car is fine and A-OK =)