Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello! From 2015 STI to 16ST!

Hello! It's been a while since I've joined but I'm finally saying hi after patiently waiting for my order which finally came in

I'm coming from 2015STI which I loved but I decided to sell it and get a ST.
I personally didn't have much luck with my STI. Second week of ownership I hit a deer and had to do some collision repair. After little over 10K miles I had to replace a strut bearing
15K miles spun ringland and replaced whole short block for that. As the time goes by my initial adrenaline and excitement naturally subsided and started get some remorse about my purchase after all these problems. All good now:) got a pretty decent deal with my trade in which ended up getting positive equity towards my ST and so far these past couple weeks of my ownership I've grown to love it more and more. Love the fact that I don't have to hit the gas station as often as before and I can't wait to open this baby up once initial oil change gets done.
This forum seems to be more positive towards new comers compared to most subaru community forums and I really appreciate that as well.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the ST - i club. i do love a Subaru but man that die hard fanboyness of them is a little aggressive, i know , a good friend of mine here is one. its a 2011 stage 1 and he doesn't stand a chance of walking on me but he will still say my ford is a pos and his car will out live mine 10:1 and bla bla bla. but then i say " i get way better milage, i have better seats, my car feels more connected to the road as a drivers car, i saved 30K $$ , its a 1.6L and you still cant walk on me in a race..."To which his response is always the same, " i have AWD". Also i love to get him going, all it takes is one possitve remark about my ford being better or one negative remark about his Subi. and i sit back and watch the fire light in his eyes lol. anyway welcome and hope your new ST is as good to you as mine has been to me.

Welcome to the ST community! You're going to love the FiST. Even if you have any mechanical issues, you won't be able to stay mad at the car long. It's kind of like a puppy in that way. Or my cat, who stole my lunch off the counter this morning...

I remember I went to a meet at the Tail of the Dragon. Nothing but Subarus in that meet.
Lol your username is awesome.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #14
I agree. I can confidently say there are definitely car guys that have their nose up high that would scoff at anything but their car and car brand. When it comes down to it. Thanks everyone :)
Welcome to the ST - i club. i do love a Subaru but man that die hard fanboyness of them is a little aggressive, i know , a good friend of mine here is one. its a 2011 stage 1 and he doesn't stand a chance of walking on me but he will still say my ford is a pos and his car will out live mine 10:1 and bla bla bla. but then i say " i get way better milage, i have better seats, my car feels more connected to the road as a drivers car, i saved 30K $$ , its a 1.6L and you still cant walk on me in a race..."To which his response is always the same, " i have AWD". Also i love to get him going, all it takes is one possitve remark about my ford being better or one negative remark about his Subi. and i sit back and watch the fire light in his eyes lol. anyway welcome and hope your new ST is as good to you as mine has been to me.

Welcome! I've kind of wanted to get a '32MPGLOL' sticker for my FiST, no doubt you'll love it!

SPhilli911

Welcome! I may own a Ford, but I'm a Subaru guy, I've had an STI (04) and two 2.5 RSs (98 and 01). But the more I drive the ST the more it makes sense and I've not looked back yet. The car may have completely converted me, I think I want the Focus RS next!

I think you'll find that the ST is as fun or more than the STI with the benefits of better gas mileage and comfort.

Welcome aboard :D
I'm relatively new to this forum myself and have found everyone to be positive, friendly, and tactful if there is something disagreement. The folks here are great.

Enjoy your ride. Pics soon?