Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST owner in NJ

Hello Everyone. So I just traded in my very nice 2009 PRHT Miata (will miss that car) for a brand new 2016 FiST. I decided to trade the miata because it was getting super impractical and I missed being able to haul stuff (people, snowboards, bikes, etc) while still having fun driving. So far the car has been great, but I've been being gentle during break in. Can't wait to hoon this car. I'll be doing a ton of searching on this forum, but are there any major things to know about the car and how I should be maintaining, driving, modding, etc? Thanks in advance!

MPA

Weclome!

I've had 4 Miatas (NA, 2 NBs and a '06 NC) and I think the FiST is just as fun, but a little quicker. Very fun to drive.

OP
Deli
Thread Starter #5
Weclome!

I've had 4 Miatas (NA, 2 NBs and a '06 NC) and I think the FiST is just as fun, but a little quicker. Very fun to drive.
It feels like a different kind of fun. More torque and meaner sound along with it. The thing I can't get over is how small this car handles, but how much space I have in comparison to the Miata. The FiST is so comfortable to just drive casually and then with the drop of a gear and my right foot, it turns into a little monster. I was never comfortable in the Miata which was one of the things that swayed me towards the FiST. I will miss the top going down though.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Welcome aboard:)

I have had 6 Miata cars, highly modded street, full race, full stock, newest was a 2000, loved them all but this little FiST is pretty damn amazing.
If not for full time RVing I would already have a 2016 Miata though or one on the way and already have all the mods worked out.....

After my last Miata I had a C6 Vette convertible and even stock got looked at far to much, did not buy it for that, then modded it a great deal and it simply became a car far to fast for any practical purpose on the street but stock was still just too damn big!

I enjoyed a stock Miata far more, really:)

(Old school here, a Miata is a Miata, not an MX....Laguna Seca is Laguna Seca, Sears Point is still that name to me)

OP
Deli
Thread Starter #13
Welcome to the forum.Do you have the moon roof?Used mine all summer.A real fun car to drive.
Yeah, I got mine with the moon roof and the ebony black wheels in Kona Blue. I decided not to get the recaros since I don't plan on auto-crossing (for now?) and actually didn't find them that comfortable. They also put the car slightly out of my price range. I've been babying it during break in and have 200 miles on it, but just read that it's better to do some pulls to help set the seals. I'll probably take it out on some back roads tomorrow to really see what this car can do. Can't wait!