Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire pressure warning came on. tires not low

So my low pressure light came on the other day. I checked the pressure and they all looked fine. I aired them up to 35 psi each and that was a few days ago and the light is still on. The lowest one when it first came on was still 32 PSI verified with 2 gauges.

can I reset this somehow?

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #3
that reset requires a special tool. looks like its back to the dealer again. tire pressure monitor, A-pillar improper fit, drivers interior door handle loose this time. Last time it was the heater flapper control and the A-pillar which they did not evenb look at despite me bringing it up. Thanks Ford you are really winning me over with this quality product.

I've had my light on for about 50+ miles after correcting the pressure before the light turned off. On the other hand, my wife's jeep tells me the exact tire, pressure and shuts the indicator off while filling the tire. I guess this was on of those areas where ford decided to save some money on the econo.

So my low pressure light came on the other day. I checked the pressure and they all looked fine. I aired them up to 35 psi each and that was a few days ago and the light is still on. The lowest one when it first came on was still 32 PSI verified with 2 gauges. Can I reset this somehow?
I have one sensor that has failed and the light comes on after anywhere from 50 to 100 miles.

The right tire pressure is 39lbs front and 36lbs rear.. but the pcm May adapt to another pressures ?
I'd take that with a grain of salt...those pressures and many newer tire pressure recommendations by manufactures are as much influenced by fuel economy mandates as they are tire safety and performance. I mean, just look at that - 39/36?! If a corporation can spend nothing at all by overinflating tire pressure recommendations to save them millions of dollars in actual fuel economy improvements you can bet that many will. I'd suggest starting with something reasonable like maybe 34/34 and adjusting up or down from there, with a lower limit of 32 or 33 PSI. I believe the TPMS triggers @ 31 PSI. Finally, measure your pressures when the tires are COLD. Given that we are into winter, what was a fine 36/36 in summer is down to 31/31 in winter temps.

PS - we ran into a consequence of this philosophy of overinflation a few weeks ago. We were in the middle of nowhere on a very cold very windy night and the TPMS triggered. We had no warm clothes so this would have made for a real crappy time to have to use the spare. I always keep a tire pressure gauge in the glove box and I'll be damned if each tire wasn't something completely acceptable like 31.5 PSI. No real reason for concern in the short term.

that reset requires a special tool. looks like its back to the dealer again. tire pressure monitor, A-pillar improper fit, drivers interior door handle loose this time. Last time it was the heater flapper control and the A-pillar which they did not evenb look at despite me bringing it up. Thanks Ford you are really winning me over with this quality product.
Hey MegaBuster,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about this yet? Send over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll see how I can help.

Nick

Zormecteon

I'd take that with a grain of salt...those pressures and many newer tire pressure recommendations by manufactures are as much influenced by fuel economy mandates as they are tire safety and performance. I mean, just look at that - 39/36?! If a corporation can spend nothing at all by overinflating tire pressure recommendations to save them millions of dollars in actual fuel economy improvements you can bet that many will. I'd suggest starting with something reasonable like maybe 34/34 and adjusting up or down from there, with a lower limit of 32 or 33 PSI. I believe the TPMS triggers @ 31 PSI. Finally, measure your pressures when the tires are COLD. Given that we are into winter, what was a fine 36/36 in summer is down to 31/31 in winter temps.

PS - we ran into a consequence of this philosophy of overinflation a few weeks ago. We were in the middle of nowhere on a very cold very windy night and the TPMS triggered. We had no warm clothes so this would have made for a real crappy time to have to use the spare. I always keep a tire pressure gauge in the glove box and I'll be damned if each tire wasn't something completely acceptable like 31.5 PSI. No real reason for concern in the short term.
Acceptable to YOU. the TPMS triggers if you are 25% low or there abouts. 31.5 is lower than the 39 recommended. If you like the softer ride, you can go to 16" tires and use the recommended for a Fiesta instead of the ST model, but the TPMS will still trigger. .. As far as the differential between front and rear..The Corvair was demeaned for dangerous handling. It too had a pressure difference recommended between front and rear that the owners generally ingnored to their peril. My Sprite too had a recommended differential that can get wicked if ignored.

GAbOS

TPMS is a huge waste of money. I had new ones installed on my Winter wheels, because no one will mount tires w/o them now no matter how much you plead. They have not functioned correctly since.

But here's the kicker! They don't complain about not functioning until 30ish miles later. That's one hell of a useless warning device if you ask me.

Ford Community Posts