Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Baking the headlight open?

some one has opened the headlights to paint or to get rid of that orange reflector? i wanted to give it a try but i realised they wont fit in my oven hahaha

If you have a large enough oven to fit them in, they CAN be baked open, but it's still a hell of a lot easier to cut them.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #6
yeah i couls find a oven big enough to fit them.. so your saying this couls be done... how do you know

I did two retros, so I have opened four headlmaps with a heat gun, the last time I took 25 minutes opening each one, don't cut them open please, it will be a mess.

My next project will be buying a pair of Euros headlamps and do a retrofit with the EvoX-R from TRS :-D

TheStig

If you have a large enough oven to fit them in, they CAN be baked open, but it's still a hell of a lot easier to cut them.
I bet if you sent Andrew your lights and $1,000,000.00 in unmarked bills he could probably do a retrofit for you.

Not a penny less though. Extremely custom.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #13
That's weird cuz on another tread I've read on here the guys where saying that the glue/silicone used to seal our
Lights takes more heat to soften than the actual plastic housing can take...

They where saying the whole light would melt before the lence would come off...

I'm confused

I've been working with only headlights for 5 years now. Literally all I've done. I'd use 285F for 17 minutes to get into it, if you want to venture into opening them.