Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Firmware Update 1.7.2.0-11818 (02/03/2016)

Firmware Update.JPG

Hopefully the attachment shows up... this site isn't as intuitive as I was hoping.

I attempted to search for any information on the above firmware update but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what this update is for? I have the MP215 and it mentions "Updated Support" and recommends changing the calibration to reflash the vehicle. I find this a bit concerning as I had the dealer install this to make sure I don't affect the warranty and am concerned if the reflash will show and if this would potentially allow the dealer to not honor the warranty if they see the ECU was reflashed. So my question is two-fold, (1) does anyone know what this update is for/does and (2) does anyone know if it will affect the warranty if I reflash myself?

I did this update today, I have always updated my mTune but this a first were there was an updated calibration to MP215. I talked to Randy at mountune and he said I could do the update myself.

So I first updated my mTune with the free AP Manager. Then went to my car and used the Calibrations tab and picked update firmware. Followed prompts, had car running at first but then it told me have ignition on but car not running, before starting to flash it got me to turn off headlights, fans etc and hook up battery charger as it warned the battery could be drained without battery booster. The firmware update started and took about 2 minutes to flash.

More info on Update Calibrations and Change Map feature
http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/mtune
IMG_1317.JPG
Weird thing is this is a newer version than v1.7.2.0-11818 in the mountune accessport manager, version installed in my car is v1.7.2.0-11856

You have to download Accessport Manager:

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/FORD+ACCESSPORT+SUPPORT

Then you can download updates to your Accessport or upload datalogs to your computer.
Be careful what your doing here, if you have the MP215 mtune you download the free Accessport Manager from mountune directly.
http://www.mountune.com/index.php/se.../mtune/support

Once you install the mountune accessport software you hook up your mtune to your computer and follow prompts to update the mtune which is super easy to do.

The link you show is for people with a COBB accessport, very much different than the mountune one (yes COBB makes the accessport for mountune, but their firmwares are completely different.) You could end up turning your ECU in your car into a brick should this go sideways, especially considering if you load the wrong firmware.

I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded the accessport manager from mountune, but even m every time I go to update it the manager says it can't find my mtune. Any body else run into this?

I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded the accessport manager from mountune, but even m every time I go to update it the manager says it can't find my mtune. Any body else run into this?
I have run into issues at times with my different computers, I thought I remember a while ago the was an issue with Windows 8, you had to flash it on a computer with Windows 7 before it would work on the newer windows 8. I would try all the usual things like rebooting computer, uninstalling and reinstalling access port software.

Zormecteon

Just exchanged emails with Randy Robles. the firmware updates are so that it will work with new models, It's not a change in calibration.

OP
Q
Thread Starter #9
Be careful what your doing here, if you have the MP215 mtune you download the free Accessport Manager from mountune directly.
http://www.mountune.com/index.php/se.../mtune/support

Once you install the mountune accessport software you hook up your mtune to your computer and follow prompts to update the mtune which is super easy to do.

The link you show is for people with a COBB accessport, very much different than the mountune one (yes COBB makes the accessport for mountune, but their firmwares are completely different.) You could end up turning your ECU in your car into a brick should this go sideways, especially considering if you load the wrong firmware.
Interesting... it has been a while since I have downloaded AP manager and I honestly cannot recall if I downloaded it from mountune or Cobb. I have no desire to reflash the ECU with the mTune (but I have successfully installed new updates such as auto on/off) but now you have me wondering if I will need to have the dealer revert it back to the stock map prior to getting a Cobb AP and a custom tune.

Interesting... it has been a while since I have downloaded AP manager and I honestly cannot recall if I downloaded it from mountune or Cobb. I have no desire to reflash the ECU with the mTune (but I have successfully installed new updates such as auto on/off) but now you have me wondering if I will need to have the dealer revert it back to the stock map prior to getting a Cobb AP and a custom tune.
Yes you will need to get the dealer to revert back to stock should you decide to go the Cobb AP route. As for updating the mTune with new firmware this an independent thing in terms of adding new features, so a reflash on the car isn't necessary to get the auto on/off feature as an example.

OP
Q
Thread Starter #11
Yes you will need to get the dealer to revert back to stock should you decide to go the Cobb AP route. As for updating the mTune with new firmware this an independent thing in terms of adding new features, so a reflash on the car isn't necessary to get the auto on/off feature as an example.
Yes I understand that the reflash isn't necessary for the new features. Thank you for the info about reverting back to stock, this is something I hadn't considered and want to modify the car in the safest way possible, so this info is appreciated.