Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SITH Racing - Developing Upper Motor and Transmission Mount Set for FiST

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI...saw this recently posted on FB and another FiST forum...

SITH Racing and Turbo Tech Racing are in the early stages of development for a complete aftermarket replacement mount set for the Fiesta ST.

This would include both upper motor mounts.

If you would be interested in replacement motor mounts for the Fiesta ST, please post... We are gauging interest within the community to see if there is enough desire to proceed as planned.

....Here are the first concepts of the intended upper mount set for the Fiesta

Conceptual Upper Motor Mount:

sith racing upper motor mount 1.jpg

Conceptual Upper Transmission Mount:

sith racing upper transmission mount 2.jpg

If they are durable and don't create a lot of NVH, I will get a set at my next motor mount failure.

Interested, as ive sheered an upper mount bolt in the past, but I suspect running an upper and rear mount will cause some real nasty shaking...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
As long as they are not rock hard, I'm in.
I've been saying forever that a full set of 30% stiffer mounts would be way way way better than a single RMM that is 100% stiffer with the other 2 flopping around.

Just gotta be careful its not too stiff.

But for the record, I'm super interested.

Hello everyone! Yes, its true! We have been working with Turbo Tech Racing, the premier motor mount manufacturer on a new upper set for the Fiesta ST! As seen in the Focus ST community, motor mounts are critical to your cars performance and stability. SITH Racing currently runs a 440hp Focus ST and our car plus all of our teams cars run Turbo Tech Racing motor mount sets.

These are the real deal. We are expecting the first cut mounts to be here in about two weeks. We will test fit them, go through them with a fine tooth comb and then work to get them into production barring any changes.

We are excited to be supporting the Fiesta ST community after a long standing relationship within the Focus ST community. Please continue to post here if interested in the single best mounting set option for the FiST!

Thanks
Adam
Owner
SITH Racing

Young L

does the engine really move that much still even with a RMM? for reference I have the cobb.

Wait, nearly 2 years later and finally someone is making these mounts!?
I haven't kept myself privy to the aftermarket ST stuff, but man this took long enough. I've been wanting aftermarket mounts like these for a while.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
does the engine really move that much still even with a RMM? for reference I have the cobb.
Normal street driving, no not really. I did however snap the bolt on the passenger side mount during a hard launch/missed shift while running the 1/4 mile. I had the Cobb mount installed at the time, so take that as you will. My situation was probably due to wheel hop or the shift missing and the engine coming to a hault

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool parts:)

I might have to try the passenger side mount.

I built my own drivers side mount nearly 2 years ago right after I bought the car. I built a whole new top cover to fit tight over the stock rubber to save some weight as it no longer needed to be the battery mount as moved the battery to the rear of the car.

For those on a tight budget putting a 1/8" shim on the front and rear and 1/4" on the top of the drivers side mount will fix the movement issue it has;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I usually get a questioning look when I say I am 63 as most think much younger but that is perhaps because I never really grew up:)

-----------

The new mounts will be a new experience, maybe to harsh, maybe not, we all have our own expectations, tolerance levels, etc........

I have made front, rear side, etc mounts for different layouts but never a mount to replace a stock filled mount on the passenger side of a FWD car and now wish I had just to have had the experience.

Now that I am full time RVing I will have to buy some parts I wish I could just make myself as love doing such things.

I am very much looking forward to how this turns out:)

Rick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I always ran all three VF Engineering mounts back in my VW days. Was hoping someone would step up! I've delayed an RMM purchase as running just an RMM theoretically places more stress on the other two uppers. Very interested!

May I suggest you offer at the very minimum two levels of stiffness. We're not all track junkies here. ;)