Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just bought used 2014 Fiesta ST

gregfio

Hi, i just bought a 2014 ford fiesta ST. it has 19k miles on it and when i went to look at it today i was afraid because it has aftermarket parts on it which i only realized after buying the car. specifically it has a borla catback exhaust and an injen "cold air" intake (i really dont think its taking in cold air if the filter is just sitting in the engine bay out in the open). how much money would i need to change these parts back to stock? of maybe is it even worth it to change them back to stock? what are the risks with driving with these bolt-on parts without an AP or a Protune? should i be afraid???

Hi, i just bought a 2014 ford fiesta ST. it has 19k miles on it and when i went to look at it today i was afraid because it has aftermarket parts on it which i only realized after buying the car. specifically it has a borla catback exhaust and an injen "cold air" intake (i really dont think its taking in cold air if the filter is just sitting in the engine bay out in the open). how much money would i need to change these parts back to stock? of maybe is it even worth it to change them back to stock? what are the risks with driving with these bolt-on parts without an AP or a Protune? should i be afraid???
If you want to revert back to stock, go for it, it'll be fairly inexpensive if you search around. But you will be fine with a CBE and Intake with no tune. Neither of those mods really do anything performance-wise. Mostly just for noise, looks, etc. I would still highly recommend getting an AP however, thats when the real fun starts.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Zero risk. Borla makes the Ford Racing CBE for the Fiesta. Double check the install, maybe add stiffer hangers than stock and keep on trucking. As for the intake, meh not much benefit but no loss either. Stock parts are cheap from the likes of RockAuto or even members here that will not revert back.

and [welcome] plus congrats.