Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Daily + AutoX tires

Hey Guys,

I read multiple threads on here about tires already but I just can't seem to make up my mind.

To start, the car is on stock wheel & suspension, Stage1 Cobb with a custome tune, Cobb rmm, FS Werks intake and short shifter. I am not looking for new wheels at the moment. This is my only car but I work from home... so I use it for groceries and AutoX on the weekend. My first season of AutoX was last summer on the stock tires so I am looking for something that will better my times a little.

My choices for now are :

-205 or 215/40r17 Dunlop Direzza Z2 SS
-205 or 215/40r17 Falken Azenis RT615k
-205 or 215/45r17 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R

I am looking for the best bang for my bucks because I just bought a house so the budget is a little tight.

Price wise, the best value I found is the Bridgestone Potenza RE71R in 215/45r17 but I am not sure about the fitment and I can't test fit them since they are a special order. Anyone running them on the track? Any rubbing issues?

I know that the Falken is an older design v.s. the two others. However, it is cheaper by quite a bit than the dunlop in the same size and the Bridgestone in 205. Since I am still a beginner on the track, is it really worth it to spend more on the dunlop/bridgestone or I will see a good enough difference with the Falken v.s. the stock tires I was running last year?

I am wondering if it's worth it to step up to the 215's using a 7in wheel? Could it be the 205's would fit the wheel better? Create a better contact patch? I have looked at the exact specs on each tire website but the measurements on 215's are made using a 7.5in wheel so I guess they wouldn't apply to me.

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Phil

Typically you want to go as wide as possible for autox. I have seen people mount 275's on 7.5" rims and autox, so don't let anyone say that you cant.

Ideally you will have squared up tires with the rims. If your goal is better times at autox then the 215's are the way to go.

As above, wider is always better... but profiles are not as standardized as you might think

Last edited:
85 runs? You must have some long courses!

Agreed too...get a dedicated set of tires if you can afford them. I would highly recommend A6's. :)

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the response!

I ended up getting a set of used Federal 595evo for the set of oem wheels.

A friend talked to me about the RE-11 and was saying the same thing as Phreak basically. Better suited for everyday driving and should last much longer so I ordered a set of them too. They are not installed yet because the wheels I will be using are getting powdercoated. I kept the 205/45/17 size since they are a special order and I wasn't 100% sure that the 215/45r17 would fit.

Can't wait for my new wheels to come back!

^^ Cool great to hear!

I have a small place in my heart for the RE-11, they were my first AutoX tire

Last edited: