Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro splitting (and warranty)?

Noticed a split developing on the left side of my driver's seat (on the side of the bolster, not the top). No other visible wear on the bolster (a few creases on other parts of the seat, though). Car has about 23k miles on it, and bumper to bumper runs out in a few months.

Anyone else having any issues like this? Ideally I would like to get it fixed under warranty, but either way I need to do something soon as it does seem to be growing in size.

I got my passenger bottom seat recovered under warranty because it was looking pretty worn after 100 miles. So it's possible. But it took a couple trips. Ford tried to restretch the leather first.
But I've not noticed anything like you are describing yet.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Yeah gimme a few days.

Do the FordService reps still watch these forums?

TheStig

Mine got stress cracks on the left bolster then tears. Im right at 30k miles on a 2014. Ive determined that is life since im larger and sit close to the wheel, so getting in and missing rubbing the bolster is not an option.

It pissed me off at first but its cheap "pleather" in a cheap race car. So Im fine as long as the motor/trans/etc keeps humming along.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
if you hold the bolster with your left hand when you get in,then slide your butt over the back of your hand instead of sliding it against the bolster ,that protects the seat bolster. simple but it helps

TheStig

It is for me, so apparently we just have the same problem caused by different things.

Best of luck.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Thanks.

It isn't really rubbing or anything like that. It's more like a split/tear in the side of the bolster facing outwards:

IMG_3029.jpg

Thanks.

It isn't really rubbing or anything like that. It's more like a split/tear in the side of the bolster facing outwards:

View attachment 9762
Oh dang. That sucks. If they don't cover that under warranty, I've heard good things about a product called vlp that will repair rips/tears.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk