Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Factory Wheel Warranty?

When I purchased my 2016 ST a few months ago, I bought a special wheel warranty at the dealership.

Has anyone had experience with this warranty? Specifically, having a bent or damaged wheel replaced?

I got the same warranty when I picked up my 2016 just because I had got it when I purchased my 2008 GLI and it paid off in the end. There are a lot of pot holes around here and I had a few tires bubble and it was replaced without any cost. I also asked Ford if I put other tires/wheels on it if it's still covered and they said it would be as long as they aren't crazy expensive track tires and wheels. Seemed like a good option since I'm switching to a different summer setup. Time will tell if it was actually worth it. It won't cover scratches, but if your wheel is bent, just bring the car in and they will replace it.

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
I got the same warranty when I picked up my 2016 just because I had got it when I purchased my 2008 GLI and it paid off in the end. There are a lot of pot holes around here and I had a few tires bubble and it was replaced without any cost. I also asked Ford if I put other tires/wheels on it if it's still covered and they said it would be as long as they aren't crazy expensive track tires and wheels. Seemed like a good option since I'm switching to a different summer setup. Time will tell if it was actually worth it. It won't cover scratches, but if your wheel is bent, just bring the car in and they will replace it.
THANKS!

I'm kind of surprised if they cover aftermarket wheels. I put Winter wheels on the day I got the car, and they are all bent up now from potholes (Michigan roads are horrible!).

I can ask, but they'd be replacing all 4 wheels every winter if they really cover that. LOL.